Karma

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2004

Hi,

I really hope someone here can help me. The original setting for my windows
media player was in region 2 format. I recently bought a US region 1 DVD and
changed the region setting from 2 to 1 to view the DVD on my media player. It
came up with a box giving me the opinion to do this and said I could change
it up to 4 times. However I now need to change it back as all my other DVD's
are region 2 and I don't know where to find the option to change it back.
This is an emergency, I need instructions on how to reset my windows media
player to region 2.

To change region settings for DVD drives

1.. Open Device Manager.
2.. Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for
which you want to change region settings, and then click Properties.
3.. On the DVD Region tab, make the desired changes.

in message news:B14CFFA0-0D01-40DD-8343-5C1720C84C22@microsoft.com...

> Hi,
>
> I really hope someone here can help me. The original setting for my
> windows
> media player was in region 2 format. I recently bought a US region 1
> DVD and
> changed the region setting from 2 to 1 to view the DVD on my media
> player. It
> came up with a box giving me the opinion to do this and said I could
> change
> it up to 4 times. However I now need to change it back as all my other
> DVD's
> are region 2 and I don't know where to find the option to change it
> back.
> This is an emergency, I need instructions on how to reset my windows
> media
> player to region 2.

begin 666 shortcutCold.gif
B```#'$@$W"HCR##>B+*2.ZG"E+=EEQ9=0OI%J:J\< (`.P``
`
end

Karma

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2004

Thank you very much for your help!

I am so useless at this stuff, now I'll be able to play my other DVD's again..

Thanks!