Analogue to didital camcorder Pass Through

Hi All

What ports or other features does a camcorder need to provide "analogue to
digital
pass-through" which I gather means to connect a VCR (or other analogue
source) to the camcorder and upload the VCR movie stream directly to my
pc..(and not dub it to mini DV tape) ?

I am looking at a camcorder that has the mini jack (not RCA) A/V combined
in/out ( is this r/l audio and composite video all in one?) ,s-vid in/out,
and a DV (firewire) port, will this do the job?

Thanks

Sam

Depends entirely on the camcorder model. You would have to ask the
manufacturer(s) about the specific models you are looking at.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Sam Lewis" <sam@delete.dsst.privasend.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> What ports or other features does a camcorder need to provide "analogue to
> digital
> pass-through" which I gather means to connect a VCR (or other analogue
> source) to the camcorder and upload the VCR movie stream directly to my
> pc..(and not dub it to mini DV tape) ?
>
> I am looking at a camcorder that has the mini jack (not RCA) A/V combined
> in/out ( is this r/l audio and composite video all in one?) ,s-vid in/out,
> and a DV (firewire) port, will this do the job?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

It's the The PV-GS400 from panasonic.I will check with the maufacturer but
if anyone has one and knows,that would be great.
sam

> Depends entirely on the camcorder model. You would have to ask the
> manufacturer(s) about the specific models you are looking at.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> "Sam Lewis" <sam@delete.dsst.privasend.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>>
>> What ports or other features does a camcorder need to provide "analogue
>> to digital
>> pass-through" which I gather means to connect a VCR (or other analogue
>> source) to the camcorder and upload the VCR movie stream directly to my
>> pc..(and not dub it to mini DV tape) ?
>>
>> I am looking at a camcorder that has the mini jack (not RCA) A/V
>> combined
>> in/out ( is this r/l audio and composite video all in one?) ,s-vid
>> in/out,
>> and a DV (firewire) port, will this do the job?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam

TRENDING THREADS