  • Video
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2004 1:18:02 PM

Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

More about : record minidv tapes

May 4, 2004 2:17:15 PM

"lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

Rewind it, put it in the camera and press record. Never had a problem.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 9:20:33 PM

"lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message

> Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

Just record away...! ;-)
Actually, there is more to it. Assuming same-camera
and SP-mode, the above is generally true unless you
are having drop-out problems (with this, recording
even SP over SP with the same camera can result in
problems with error-correction and you may see
parts of frames of earlier-recorded materials on the
new recording) - but if you both switch recording
speeds and cameras (especially camera brands),
there can also be problems. A bulk-erasure would
likely be best for taking care of these problems. I'm
not a "believer" in "blacking" tape (running it through
the camera with the lens cap on), though...
--
David Ruether
rpn1@cornell.edu

"lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

Try the following steps...

1. Rewind tape.
2. Press the record button.

It does help not to have the record-protect tab in the way.

Graham