How to record over used MiniDV tapes?

Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?
3 answers Last reply
More about record minidv tapes

    "lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

    Rewind it, put it in the camera and press record. Never had a problem.

    "lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message

    > Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

    Just record away...! ;-)
    Actually, there is more to it. Assuming same-camera
    and SP-mode, the above is generally true unless you
    are having drop-out problems (with this, recording
    even SP over SP with the same camera can result in
    problems with error-correction and you may see
    parts of frames of earlier-recorded materials on the
    new recording) - but if you both switch recording
    speeds and cameras (especially camera brands),
    there can also be problems. A bulk-erasure would
    likely be best for taking care of these problems. I'm
    not a "believer" in "blacking" tape (running it through
    the camera with the lens cap on), though...
    --
    David Ruether
    rpn1@cornell.edu

    "lemonade" <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have tips on 2nd time recording using used MiniDV tapes?

    Try the following steps...

    1. Rewind tape.
    2. Press the record button.

    It does help not to have the record-protect tab in the way.

    Graham

Tuner Cards MiniDV Desktops Video Graphics