Can I use Divx Avi in Premiere Pro?

I was able to import a DivX Avi file into Premiere Pro. The
video can be played on the left monitor (sorry if that's not what
it was called) and the sound plays too. After I set 'in' and
'out' and insert what I want into the timeline, the timeline
plays without the video or audio. No error message either. So I
guess I can't get a clip from a DivX avi file, right?
2 answers Last reply
More about divx premiere

    On Wed, 05 May 2004, lemonade <lemonade@iceshop.com> wrote:
    >I was able to import a DivX Avi file into Premiere Pro

    Here is the address to the PPro forum
    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    lemonade wrote:

    > I was able to import a DivX Avi file into Premiere Pro. The
    > video can be played on the left monitor (sorry if that's not what
    > it was called) and the sound plays too. After I set 'in' and
    > 'out' and insert what I want into the timeline, the timeline
    > plays without the video or audio. No error message either. So I
    > guess I can't get a clip from a DivX avi file, right?

    Why not import it into VirtualDub and export as DV-AVI, and import that
    into Premiere?

    Just a thought... VirtualDub is free, can't hurt to try.

Tuner Cards Video AVI DivX Graphics