Saving to CD in Windows Movie Maker Format.

I want to save a movie onto a CD ,from my friends computer, in windows movie
maker format so I can edit it. First we tried saving as wmv but then the
scenes, and audio were mixed into one so i couldn't edit separtely. Then we
just tryed saving it directly onto CD using save project as and it saved onto
it. On my friends computer it worked fine, but on my computer it doesn't.
None of the collections come up, and the scenes show up on story board, and
are labeled but there red X instead of picture, and if you try to play it
says there no source. However the title and end credits show up and can be
played. How do I burn movie onto CD, so it exactly the same as it is on my
friends computer. Can I use what I have, if i can, how? thank you

A project file is not a movie... it is merely a list of what video and/or
audio files are included in your project and where those actual files can be
located on your PC. Since you are not using your own PC the instructions to
your friend's PC are meaningless.

Save the file as a DV-AVI file and burn that to CD or DVD. Take the CD or
DVD to your friend's PC import the file and continue on from there.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Manias329" <Manias329@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to save a movie onto a CD ,from my friends computer, in windows
>movie
> maker format so I can edit it. First we tried saving as wmv but then the
> scenes, and audio were mixed into one so i couldn't edit separtely. Then
> we
> just tryed saving it directly onto CD using save project as and it saved
> onto
> it. On my friends computer it worked fine, but on my computer it doesn't.
> None of the collections come up, and the scenes show up on story board,
> and
> are labeled but there red X instead of picture, and if you try to play it
> says there no source. However the title and end credits show up and can be
> played. How do I burn movie onto CD, so it exactly the same as it is on my
> friends computer. Can I use what I have, if i can, how? thank you

that is very helpful, thank you. When burning should I use the option "save
movie file as indicated by the help menu