deleted my decoder

I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp system.
It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do I
have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.

--
Thanks oval-red

Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD or
WinDVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
>system.
> It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do
> have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
> recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
> think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
>
> --
> Thanks oval-red

Thanks for the message...... I took your advice and checked with the pc
manual. I tried re-installing WinDvd, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm
also online with HP and they don't have a clue about the HP system. NVidia
sounds familiar. I can do a re-install if I knew what to re-install.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
> applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD or
> WinDVD.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
> >system.
> > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do
> > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
> > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
> > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks oval-red

nVidia make chipsets for graphics cards so you generally hear of nVidia in
reference to graphics drivers. They can be downloaded from www.nvidia.com.
However recently they also have produced a DVD decoder (found at the same
place).
--

> Thanks for the message...... I took your advice and checked with the pc
> manual. I tried re-installing WinDvd, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm
> also online with HP and they don't have a clue about the HP system. NVidia
> sounds familiar. I can do a re-install if I knew what to re-install.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
>> applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD
>> or
>> WinDVD.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>
>> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>>
>> "oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
>> >system.
>> > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive.
>> > Do
>> > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want
>> > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1.
>> > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks oval-red

After 2 hours of working with HP online I got a restore of InterViedeo WinDVD
which corrected my problem. Thanks for your help. I hope this may help
someone else who encounters this problem in the future. This issue is now
closed.