deleted my decoder

I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp system.
It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do I
have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.

--
Thanks oval-red
4 answers Last reply

    Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
    applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD or
    WinDVD.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
    >system.
    > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do
    > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
    > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
    > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks oval-red

    Thanks for the message...... I took your advice and checked with the pc
    manual. I tried re-installing WinDvd, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm
    also online with HP and they don't have a clue about the HP system. NVidia
    sounds familiar. I can do a re-install if I knew what to re-install.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
    > applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD or
    > WinDVD.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
    > >system.
    > > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do
    > > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
    > > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
    > > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks oval-red

    nVidia make chipsets for graphics cards so you generally hear of nVidia in
    reference to graphics drivers. They can be downloaded from www.nvidia.com.
    However recently they also have produced a DVD decoder (found at the same
    place).
    --

    > Thanks for the message...... I took your advice and checked with the pc
    > manual. I tried re-installing WinDvd, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm
    > also online with HP and they don't have a clue about the HP system. NVidia
    > sounds familiar. I can do a re-install if I knew what to re-install.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Check your PC manual. There should be a way to reinstall individual
    >> applications. It may be the nVidia decoder but it may also be PowerDVD
    >> or
    >> WinDVD.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>
    >> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >>
    >> "oval-red" <ovalred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp
    >> >system.
    >> > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive.
    >> > Do
    >> > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want
    >> > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1.
    >> > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Thanks oval-red

    After 2 hours of working with HP online I got a restore of InterViedeo WinDVD
    which corrected my problem. Thanks for your help. I hope this may help
    someone else who encounters this problem in the future. This issue is now
    closed.

    "oval-red" wrote:

    > I believe I accidentally deleted my dvd decoder that came with my hp system.
    > It didn't come with a disk, everything I needed was in the hard drive. Do I
    > have to repurchase this software. I have recover disks but I don't want to
    > recover the whole system as that would put me back to service pack 1. I
    > think the decoder that came with the system was NVIDIA. Please advise.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks oval-red

Video Decoder Windows XP