Cameras: Making the Transition from Prosumer to Pro

Hi, group.

I've finished my first commercial project and inked the deal to have
it released as a direct-to-DVD. It's all pretty exciting and I'm
looking forward to the next project (whatever that might be).

Having made a little bit on this deal, I'm looking to making the leap
from my VX2000 to a professional-level camera. Since my budget has
never afforded me a peek into this world, I'm a bit green.

The things I want in a camera are true 16:9, xlr connectors, a good
zoom, fairly compact in size (the VX2000 is a great sized camera) and
under $10k street (in the USA). HD would be great, for sure, but I'm
not sure what's out there as far as hi-def cameras go.

My work is in the documentary realm, if it matters.

"com crumb" <lungnut2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The things I want in a camera are true 16:9, xlr connectors, a good
> zoom, fairly compact in size (the VX2000 is a great sized camera) and
> under $10k street (in the USA). HD would be great, for sure, but I'm
> not sure what's out there as far as hi-def cameras go.

Wouldn't we all!
I don't think that particular camera exists just yet, not with all your
requirements.
The best pro camera for DV is the Sony DSR570WSP, but that's just a bit
bigger ;-) and a tad more expensive.

Robin.

"com crumb" <lungnut2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, group.
> <snip>
> The things I want in a camera are true 16:9, xlr connectors, a good
> zoom, fairly compact in size (the VX2000 is a great sized camera) and
> under $10k street (in the USA). HD would be great, for sure, but I'm
> not sure what's out there as far as hi-def cameras go.

This may not be the answer you are looking for because what I've read
suggests this is still a prosumer. However, since you love your VX2000 so
much (I love mine too), have a read here and see if you can wait a couple or
more months http://tinyurl.com/2j59j