Inserting other Angles into Main VIdeo Clip

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 7, 2004 1:24:06 AM

I have access to Pinnacle Studio 8 and Arcsoft Showbiz.

I shot a video of a ceremony with 3 cameras. One of the cameras will
be used as the "Main" video (And only Audio Track). I want to "drop
in" other clips with different angles for a few seconds at a time.

I would prefer not to have to Clip together bits of the main track.
Is there a way (or another piece of software to aquire) that allows me
to use a main video track and Jump to another for smaller clips?

Any Suggestions?
May 7, 2004 4:20:39 AM

Having started where you are just a couple of years ago, I'll tell you what
I did.
After using Pinnacle Studio for a while, I upgraded to Ulead MediaStudio Pro
which allows you to have extra video tracks (Studio only allows 1 and you
need 3). That way, you can synch up the cameras, pick the footage you want,
and add in the transitions right there.
Well I did that for a while, and then I moved up to Adobe Premiere with the
DVStorm2 card and United Media Inc's Multicam software, specifically made
for what you're trying to do. It works just like a live switcher and I use
it all the time. So if you're willing to pay about $1500 for that setup,
it's well worth it. If not, go with Premiere (the reason I'd go with
Premiere over Vegas Video is because of the choice of plug-ins you can buy),
or for a lower-end editor, go with MediaStudio Pro. Pinnacle won't do it
and neither will Showbiz.
Does this help?
//cory

"Mike" <mkolassa@parallaxsolutions.com> wrote in message
> I have access to Pinnacle Studio 8 and Arcsoft Showbiz.
>
> I shot a video of a ceremony with 3 cameras. One of the cameras will
> be used as the "Main" video (And only Audio Track). I want to "drop
> in" other clips with different angles for a few seconds at a time.
>
> I would prefer not to have to Clip together bits of the main track.
> Is there a way (or another piece of software to aquire) that allows me
> to use a main video track and Jump to another for smaller clips?
>
> Any Suggestions?
May 8, 2004 10:23:06 AM

Absolutely. Thanks. This was the answer I was anticipating. I am
evaluating Sony Screen blast now, but will check out premier.

Your right, what I really need is the Multicam, but won't spend that
much right now.

Thanks again

!