mpeg to dvd format

I recently purchased a card which enables playing videos and watching TV on
my computer screen. By connecting my VCR to the card, I was able to record
videos to a mpg format on the hard drive. I then burned them to a DVD which
can be played back on the computer. The same mpg files on the DVD however
will not play in our DVD player. Someone suggested they need to be converted
to a compatible format for the DVD player to recognize and play them. Can
anyone help a novice here that needs some assistance. What file format do I
really need to end up with and what software will enable me to do the
conversion? I would be very grateful for some help here.

Jerry
1 answer Last reply
More about mpeg format

    Typically, the VCR would have saved the video files in a *.mpg file format.
    A DVD video to be played in a player would typically contain to folders:
    Audio_TS and Video_TS.

    The Video_TS folder would contain Video_TS.* files. These was generated from
    the authoring process and contains the video files.

    You need to use a authoring tool and burn to a DVD in order for the
    captured video file to viewable. The type of application would most likely
    have come with the card or maybe also with the dvd burner.
    here is a place with simple how to guides and lots of information

    www.videohelp.com

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    "JERRY" <jerliz@home> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased a card which enables playing videos and watching TV
    on
    > my computer screen. By connecting my VCR to the card, I was able to
    record
    > videos to a mpg format on the hard drive. I then burned them to a DVD
    which
    > can be played back on the computer. The same mpg files on the DVD however
    > will not play in our DVD player. Someone suggested they need to be
    converted
    > to a compatible format for the DVD player to recognize and play them. Can
    > anyone help a novice here that needs some assistance. What file format do
    > really need to end up with and what software will enable me to do the
    > conversion? I would be very grateful for some help here.
    >
    > Jerry

Video DVD Format Windows XP