Color Quailty stuck at 4 bit

Hello

I have XP Sp2

the color quality is stuck at 4bit ( no other choices) and the resolution is
at 640x480 (no other choices)

when i boot to safe mode, color changes to 32bit and 800x600 - so not a
driver

i removed the adapter from the hardware list - reboot into administrator
(with admin rights on local machine)

color quality now has the option for 32bit color - as soon as i choose it,
the list shrinks back to just 4 bit and pop up says - you do not have
permission to change the settings

anyone seen that? where can i look?

btw, i created a new admin user to see if did it again - it does~

thanks in advance

JamesSF

I had the same problem after installing Sp2. Have you
tried reinstalling the driver for your graphics card?
This fixed the problem on my computer, and it may work
for yours.

Good luck!

Boot into Safe Mode.... go into Device Manager and unisntall the graphics
drivers.... reboot the PC.

After startup download a new set of drivers from the graphic card
manufacturer's website and install. After installation reboot the PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging