playing avi file in windows media 10 player

I have downloaded a movie which is an avi file but it cannot play in windows
media 10.I get a message that a codec may be missing and i need to get
one.How and which?Thank you.
Samoon
1 answer Last reply
More about playing file windows media player

    Probably DIVX from www.divx.com
    www.coribright.com

    "samoon" <samoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have downloaded a movie which is an avi file but it cannot play in
    >windows
    > media 10.I get a message that a codec may be missing and i need to get
    > one.How and which?Thank you.
    > Samoon

Video Movies AVI Microsoft Windows XP