Recording videos on DVD-R

March 14, 2005 1:39:00 PM

I have downloaded a video from a internet site to Windows XP, Home version
2000, with service pack two. I have tried to burn the downloaded video using
a DVD-R into my16x DVD+/-RW drive, and I get the error message COOD11AB,
(Cannot burn files to CD).

It suggests to select a slower recording speed, and I have tried 16x and 8x,
and still get the same error. I would appreciate any input with this problem.

Thanks for your time

More about : recording videos dvd

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:51:17 PM

That code appears when you try to use Windows Media Player to burn to a DVD.
WMP cannot burn to a DVD. Use third party burning software.

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Media/microsoft.pub...
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"audionut22" <audionut22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded a video from a internet site to Windows XP, Home version
> 2000, with service pack two. I have tried to burn the downloaded video
> using
> a DVD-R into my16x DVD+/-RW drive, and I get the error message COOD11AB,
> (Cannot burn files to CD).
>
> It suggests to select a slower recording speed, and I have tried 16x and
> 8x,
> and still get the same error. I would appreciate any input with this
> problem.
>
> Thanks for your time

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 6:03:29 PM

As Cari notes, XP does not natively burn to DVD media. You can use a CD or
use an another authoring package such as Nero or Roxio to burn to DVD.

!