Formatting New Partitions in Fat32 Windows XP Pro

I have just built a new PC Amd64 3000 - 1g mem - Asus A8n SLI - twin 300g
Matrox SATA hard drives configured Raid0 for speed and video only. I created
all partitions during Windows XP Pro setup. C: was partitioned Fat32 no
problem then automatically formatted and loaded the OS - Windows XP Pro OK -
I now want to format the remaining partitions Fat 32 - Windows XP Pro's
formatting process does not show or allow the option of Fat32, only NTFS. I
have to format Fat32 at present due to my DV500 video editing card and
software - it cannot use NTFS. I cannot even get the 2 free supports emails
from Microsoft as I bought the official Windows XP Pro OEM disk with my new
system. I would be very grateful for any help you could offeras soon as
possible - Many thanks - Desperate!!! John
1 answer Last reply
More about formatting partitions fat32 windows

    First, do not use Fat32 unless you have another OS on your system. NTFS is
    much safer with fewer issues. Also, XP and W2K will not format/create a
    FAT32 partition larger than 32GB. Also, if you are using this for video,
    you will run into a 4GB file size limitation using FAT32. Use NTFS.

    "Johnjpj" <Johnjpj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just built a new PC Amd64 3000 - 1g mem - Asus A8n SLI - twin 300g
    > Matrox SATA hard drives configured Raid0 for speed and video only. I
    > created
    > all partitions during Windows XP Pro setup. C: was partitioned Fat32 no
    > problem then automatically formatted and loaded the OS - Windows XP Pro
    > OK -
    > I now want to format the remaining partitions Fat 32 - Windows XP Pro's
    > formatting process does not show or allow the option of Fat32, only NTFS.
    > have to format Fat32 at present due to my DV500 video editing card and
    > software - it cannot use NTFS. I cannot even get the 2 free supports
    > emails
    > from Microsoft as I bought the official Windows XP Pro OEM disk with my
    > new
    > system. I would be very grateful for any help you could offeras soon as
    > possible - Many thanks - Desperate!!! John

Video FAT32 Windows XP