Hi,

I hope someone can please help me!

I have downloaded SP2 and computer is up to date but I can not get Movie
Maker. Any ideasa?

Thanks very much!

You may want to test by:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx

You will find much more info at:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
=======================================
Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana @ 314.479.8201

LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE
http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

"Junior8Ball" <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can please help me!
>
> I have downloaded SP2 and computer is up to date but I can not get Movie
> Maker. Any ideasa?
>
> Thanks very much!

I tried both areas and no luck. I try to update SP2 again and it says that I
have everything but I searched my computer and definitely no Movie Maker.
Are there any independant sites that I can get it from. I would rather get it
from MSN but I might have no choice!

"Computer Teachers LLC" wrote:

> You may want to test by:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx
>
> You will find much more info at:
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> =======================================
> Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
>
> LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE
> http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
> =======================================
>
> "Junior8Ball" <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope someone can please help me!
> >
> > I have downloaded SP2 and computer is up to date but I can not get Movie
> > Maker. Any ideasa?
> >
> > Thanks very much!

I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER FROM DOWNLOAD.COM. Now that it is
installed it says that it is version 5.1.....any idea if this is the latest
version. I thought when I downloaded it said MM1...and according to Micosoft
there is a Movie Maker 2....if mine is not the latest can you tell me how to
update? I did all the regular checks at Microsoft and I can not update it!

Thanks very much for all the help. THis is my first kick at these help
forums and so far have been great!

"Junior8Ball" wrote:

> I tried both areas and no luck. I try to update SP2 again and it says that I
> have everything but I searched my computer and definitely no Movie Maker.
> Are there any independant sites that I can get it from. I would rather get it
> from MSN but I might have no choice!
>
> "Computer Teachers LLC" wrote:
>
> > You may want to test by:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx
> >
> > You will find much more info at:
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > =======================================
> > Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
> >
> > LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE
> > http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
> > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
> > =======================================
> >
> > "Junior8Ball" <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I hope someone can please help me!
> > >
> > > I have downloaded SP2 and computer is up to date but I can not get Movie
> > > Maker. Any ideasa?
> > >
> > > Thanks very much!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 05:29:02 -0800, "Junior8Ball"
<Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER FROM DOWNLOAD.COM. Now that it is
>installed it says that it is version 5.1.....any idea if this is the latest
>version. I thought when I downloaded it said MM1...and according to Micosoft
>there is a Movie Maker 2....if mine is not the latest can you tell me how to
>update? I did all the regular checks at Microsoft and I can not update it!
>
>Thanks very much for all the help. THis is my first kick at these help
>forums and so far have been great!

Use XP's search tool to look for the file moviemk.exe.

It should be in the folder C:\Program Files\Movie Maker

When you find the file right click/properties/version

What is the version number? MY SP2 version is
2.1.4026

Dave

The version I have is 2.0.3312.0...I guess there are some changes but I can
not find the upgrade...

"da_test" wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 05:29:02 -0800, "Junior8Ball"
> <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER FROM DOWNLOAD.COM. Now that it is
> >installed it says that it is version 5.1.....any idea if this is the latest
> >version. I thought when I downloaded it said MM1...and according to Micosoft
> >there is a Movie Maker 2....if mine is not the latest can you tell me how to
> >update? I did all the regular checks at Microsoft and I can not update it!
> >
> >Thanks very much for all the help. THis is my first kick at these help
> >forums and so far have been great!
> >

> Use XP's search tool to look for the file moviemk.exe.
>
> It should be in the folder C:\Program Files\Movie Maker
>
> When you find the file right click/properties/version
>
> What is the version number? MY SP2 version is
> 2.1.4026
>
> Dave

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:19:03 -0800, "Junior8Ball"
<Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The version I have is 2.0.3312.0...I guess there are some changes but I can
>not find the upgrade...
>

>"da_test" wrote:

>> Use XP's search tool to look for the file moviemk.exe.
>>
>> It should be in the folder C:\Program Files\Movie Maker
>>
>> When you find the file right click/properties/version
>>
>> What is the version number? MY SP2 version is
>> 2.1.4026
>>
>> Dave

Yours is the pre-SP2 version.
The only way to get the new version is to install SP2.
I don't think it's available separately.
Dave

I have SP2 Installed.....when i do the update it will not let me reinstall,
it says I have it.....Is there a way for me to re-install it?

"da_test" wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:19:03 -0800, "Junior8Ball"
> <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The version I have is 2.0.3312.0...I guess there are some changes but I can
> >not find the upgrade...
> >

> >"da_test" wrote:
>
> >> Use XP's search tool to look for the file moviemk.exe.
> >>
> >> It should be in the folder C:\Program Files\Movie Maker
> >>
> >> When you find the file right click/properties/version
> >>
> >> What is the version number? MY SP2 version is
> >> 2.1.4026
> >>
> >> Dave
> >>
> Yours is the pre-SP2 version.
> The only way to get the new version is to install SP2.
> I don't think it's available separately.
> Dave

Junior are you sure you are looking at this right? Movie Maker is found in
the
'accessories' group. You click on 'START'....then 'ALL PROGRAMS'.......then
'ACCESSORIES' and choose 'WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER'.......if you installed
SP2 you should be able to load it right up. It is available only thru SP2
and
Windows Update (or you can order a cd), but if you installed SP2 I'm pretty
sure
it is installed and in your ACCESSORIES. Let me know if its there! Good
luck.

"Junior8Ball" wrote:

> I have SP2 Installed.....when i do the update it will not let me reinstall,
> it says I have it.....Is there a way for me to re-install it?
>
> "da_test" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:19:03 -0800, "Junior8Ball"
> > <Junior8Ball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >The version I have is 2.0.3312.0...I guess there are some changes but I can
> > >not find the upgrade...

> > Yours is the pre-SP2 version.
> > The only way to get the new version is to install SP2.
> > I don't think it's available separately.
> > Dave

THANKS VERY MUCH!

Your answers helped me to continue to probe and for some reason my computer
did not update Movie Maker when I got SP2. I spoke with Microsoft on-line
and they mailed me a CD. They said it would take 6 weeks but I got it in
three days. I updated today and all is in order now. I will start editing
movies but the weekend.

Thanks very much for all your help. Like I had said, this is my first time
on these threads but they are awesome.

Ciao for now,

Frank

"dickmr" wrote:

> Junior are you sure you are looking at this right? Movie Maker is found in
> the
> 'accessories' group. You click on 'START'....then 'ALL PROGRAMS'.......then
> 'ACCESSORIES' and choose 'WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER'.......if you installed
> SP2 you should be able to load it right up. It is available only thru SP2
> and
> Windows Update (or you can order a cd), but if you installed SP2 I'm pretty
> sure
> it is installed and in your ACCESSORIES. Let me know if its there! Good
> luck.
>
> "Junior8Ball" wrote:
>
> > I have SP2 Installed.....when i do the update it will not let me reinstall,
> > it says I have it.....Is there a way for me to re-install it?
> >
> > "da_test" wrote:

> > > Yours is the pre-SP2 version.
> > > The only way to get the new version is to install SP2.
> > > I don't think it's available separately.
> > > Dave

Charley

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Redsmoke

"Junior8Ball" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can please help me!
>
> I have downloaded SP2 and computer is up to date but I can not get Movie
> Maker. Any ideasa?
>
> Thanks very much!

Try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/downloadvideo.mspx