Vegas 5 + DVD offer on E-Bay

> Check out this Vegas 5 + DVD offering....

It's one thing to come in a ng and ask what you should do with an ill
gotten gain. It's quite another to come back in and hawk an auction on
Ebay for that same item. I certainly hope Sony doesn't find out what
you're doing, you're really not that hard to track Mr Maldo***** of
*****, New York.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 17:53:16 -0400, "Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no
spam> wrote:

>> Check out this Vegas 5 + DVD offering....
>
>It's one thing to come in a ng and ask what you should do with an ill
>gotten gain. It's quite another to come back in and hawk an auction on
>Ebay for that same item. I certainly hope Sony doesn't find out what
>you're doing, you're really not that hard to track Mr Maldo***** of
>*****, New York.

First of all it is not an ill gotten gain.... not a stolen item...
just a bit of luck...if you purchased version 4 you were entitled to a
free upgrade to 5... the software on e-bay was never opened and as
such can be sold if I so choose... Sony sent out the second version to
make up for their mistake and knew exactly what they were doing...
I asked if it was legal to sell and the answer form here and from Sony
is yes; as long as it was not opened and has not been registered to
anyone else.
Second of all I am not trying to hide...
If I can pass a savings on to someone else - why not...
So get off your high horse please... there just may be someone in here
that would like to benefit from the situation..
The first post was just a link to the auction...not much bandwidth
taken up...just a heads up for anyone interested...not like I am a re
seller.. so if you are not interested just bypass the post... you
made it a point to follow into the other newsgroup as well ...

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

> The first post was just a link to the auction...not much bandwidth
> taken up...just a heads up for anyone interested...not like I am a re

If everyone here who has something to sell posted a notice, the ng would
be inundated with posts like yours and we would have to wade through
them all. It's not like you're a real active participant in this or the
other ng.

> seller.. so if you are not interested just bypass the post... you
> made it a point to follow into the other newsgroup as well ...

Because you spammed it there too.

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

> If everyone here who has something to sell posted a notice, the ng would
> be inundated with posts like yours and we would have to wade through
> them all.
Look please just chill out ok? Its been done before and no one has had a
problem with it. It was an item that interests most of us so thats why he
posted. Besides, I didn't know YOU were such an avid poster here either.
Are you the group's moderator?
//cory

> posted. Besides, I didn't know YOU were such an avid poster here
either.

I'm not spamming the ng.

> Are you the group's moderator?

No, are you?

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

> I'm not spamming the ng.
look it was on topic and was of interest to the group in general.

> > Are you the group's moderator?
> No, are you?
no but i'm not getting on someone's case whose done absolutely nothing
wrong. please quit the harsh comments. its not worth it. i'm not going to be
posting again on this thread so dont even bother trying to pick a fight.
//cory

> > I'm not spamming the ng.

> no but i'm not getting on someone's case whose done absolutely nothing
> wrong. please quit the harsh comments. its not worth it. i'm not going
to be
> posting again on this thread so dont even bother trying to pick a
fight.

From the rec.video.desktop charter here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~erica/welcome2.html

Is this:

This group does not permit commercial posts. Do not sell your
hardware, your business or your site on this group.

"Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no spam> wrote in message
> > > I'm not spamming the ng.
>
> > no but i'm not getting on someone's case whose done absolutely nothing
> > wrong. please quit the harsh comments. its not worth it. i'm not going
> to be
> > posting again on this thread so dont even bother trying to pick a
> fight.
>

> From the rec.video.desktop charter here:
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~erica/welcome2.html
>
> Is this:
>
> This group does not permit commercial posts. Do not sell your
> hardware, your business or your site on this group.

The post was not commercial. As far as I can tell, it was for private sale.
I welcome more posts of this kind.

AnthonyR

"Robert Morein" <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> The post was not commercial. As far as I can tell, it was for private
sale.
> I welcome more posts of this kind.

I agree, it is of interest to us, and I don't think we could ever get bogged
down with these posts, if it starts happening then maybe it should be
addressed.

In the meantime, I see more bandwith use up by people debating their
positions than if they would just let
harmless posts like this go by.

:)

AnthonyR

> chill pill people! =sony= themselves said it was okay.

Do you really think Sony said go ahead and keep, much less _sell_ $800
worth of their software? The guy used the upgrade coupon without Sony
knowing that they had already sent him Vegas 5 + DVD, which is dishonest
anyway you look at it.

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

> BZZZZT! Incorrect. I just don't believe in stealing s/w and then selling
> it for a profit. What goes around, comes around.

Dude, give it up! If he gets in trouble, then he gets in trouble. You can't
change his mind, so don't even bother trying!
//cory

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:11:23 -0400, "Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no
spam> wrote:

>> The Vegas 4 order was screwed up by Sony (has nothing to do with the
>> free upgrade) when I called Sony to fix the Vegas 4 order the rep
>> asked if it was ok if they sent Vegas 5 + DVD instead...all my order
>> history was right on her screen... all was paid for in full...
>
>But you said you called them back and they said it was OK to _sell_ it.
>I guess that sounds plausible in your world. And if you didn't use the
>upgrade coupon, how did you get _another_copy of Vegas 5 if they
>originally sent you Vegas 4 and then sent you 5 +DVD because of their
>mistake? Let me guess, they sent you _two_ upgrades and said, "Hey, we
>messed up so go ahead and _sell_ the other one because we don't need the
>business anyway." Yeah, that's the ticket... yeah.
I ordered and paid for Vegas 4+ DVD and called Sony to check on status
of my order due to problems with their web site... the rep said that
because I ordered Vegas 4+ DVD direct from Sony he would send out
Vegas 5+DVD as a free upgrade as it was just released that same
morning....he said I would get Vegas 4 first and then Vegas 5 a few
days later...
When the Vegas 4 arrived the + DVD part was missing... I called again
and asked to have the + DVD part shipped....the rep looked up the
order and said that a mistake was made...she asked if it was ok to
send out Vegas 5 + DVD instead...I said ok... I paid for Vegas 4+ DVD
and was entitled to Vegas 5+ DVD as a free upgrade...
I did not receive Vegas 4 + DVD ... which is the original order...all
I asked for was the rest of Vegas 4...Sony decided that they wanted to
send Vegas 5 instead...
I never opened the original sale item...that is what I sold...I kept
the free upgrade for myself...Sony changed the original sale item from
Vegas 4 to Vegas 5...
Maybe lucky...but not stealing...

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

I paid for Vegas 4+ DVD
> and was entitled to Vegas 5+ DVD as a free upgrade...
> I did not receive Vegas 4 + DVD ... which is the original order...all
> I asked for was the rest of Vegas 4...Sony decided that they wanted to
> send Vegas 5 instead...
> I never opened the original sale item...that is what I sold...I kept
> the free upgrade for myself...Sony changed the original sale item from
> Vegas 4 to Vegas 5...
> Maybe lucky...but not stealing...

Don't worry about these bozo's....You didn't do anything wrong....with
either your original posts on this nor by putting it on Ebay....I think they
just like to flame for the sake of sport perhaps?
Len

> I ordered and paid for Vegas 4+ DVD and called Sony to check on status
> of my order due to problems with their web site... the rep said that
> because I ordered Vegas 4+ DVD direct from Sony he would send out
> Vegas 5+DVD as a free upgrade as it was just released that same
> morning....he said I would get Vegas 4 first and then Vegas 5 a few
> days later...

That's entirely believable.

> When the Vegas 4 arrived the + DVD part was missing... I called again
> and asked to have the + DVD part shipped....the rep looked up the

Now why would you do that if you _knew_ that 5 +DVD was on it's way? The
story is starting to smell a little fishy.

> order and said that a mistake was made...she asked if it was ok to
> send out Vegas 5 + DVD instead...I said ok... I paid for Vegas 4+ DVD
> and was entitled to Vegas 5+ DVD as a free upgrade...

Guess you neglected to tell her that you had already spoke with another
rep and he was already sending you 5 +DVD? And of course there was no
record of that conversation? But wait, "my order history was right on
her screen..." That's _not_ believable.

> I did not receive Vegas 4 + DVD ... which is the original order...all
> I asked for was the rest of Vegas 4...Sony decided that they wanted to

Why would you call and request the "rest of Vegas 4" if you knew they
were _already_ sending 5 +DVD?

> send Vegas 5 instead...
> I never opened the original sale item...that is what I sold...I kept

No, you sold Vegas 5 +DVD, not the plain version of 4 they originally
sent you.

> the free upgrade for myself...Sony changed the original sale item from
> Vegas 4 to Vegas 5...

Now exactly when during your conversations did they say A) you could
keep the extra 5 +DVD they sent you that sells for $800 and, more
importantly, B) that you could _sell_ the extra copy?

> Maybe lucky...but not stealing...

Deception in order to obtain an extra copy goes a bit beyond luck.

Karma goes both ways, as you'll eventually discover. Why don't you
_give_ the 4 version to bracketts/Susan to balance it out? Sounds like
the college lab could use it. Or have you already sold that too?

On Sat, 08 May 2004 19:04:49 -0400, Glenn M <> wrote:

>On Sat, 8 May 2004 17:53:16 -0400, "Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no
>spam> wrote:
>
>>> Check out this Vegas 5 + DVD offering....

>>It's one thing to come in a ng and ask what you should do with an ill
>>gotten gain. It's quite another to come back in and hawk an auction on
>>Ebay for that same item. I certainly hope Sony doesn't find out what
>>you're doing, you're really not that hard to track Mr Maldo***** of
>>*****, New York.

>First of all it is not an ill gotten gain.... not a stolen item...
>just a bit of luck...if you purchased version 4 you were entitled to a
>free upgrade to 5...

That is correct. And as an upgrade, you are entitled only to run that
copy of Version 5 on your Version 4 system. Depending on the license,
you may get to keep Version 4, or you may be required to destroy it
after some time (I know, for example, that IBM's standard software
license demands that the disc for the upgraded item be destroyed). You
cannot sell the Version 4.

>the software on e-bay was never opened and as
>such can be sold if I so choose... Sony sent out the second version to
>make up for their mistake and knew exactly what they were doing...

They were keeping a customer happy, one they assumed to be honest.
They clearly did not intend to give you a second full copy of the
software to do with as you please. And you MUST know this, this is not
rocket science here.

Dave Haynie | Chief Toady, Frog Pond Media Consulting
dhaynie@jersey.net| Take Back Freedom! Bush no more in 2004!
"Deathbed Vigil" now on DVD! See http://www.frogpondmedia.com