Burning DVD's - wrong question earlier

I think I might have been asking the wrong question
earlier. The DVD's I want to burn are copyrighted. I
went to Nero.com and they say their software won't burn
copyrighted DVD's. What is the purpose of copying your
movies for protection if they won't let you????????????
Is there any way to do this? This was the whole purpose
of me purchasing a DVD burner????

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If your movie is on a DVD why on earth do you need to copy it to another
DVD? That makes no sense.

"Patti WN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I might have been asking the wrong question
> earlier. The DVD's I want to burn are copyrighted. I
> went to Nero.com and they say their software won't burn
> copyrighted DVD's. What is the purpose of copying your
> movies for protection if they won't let you????????????
> Is there any way to do this? This was the whole purpose
> of me purchasing a DVD burner????

I want to make copies of my kids' favorite DVD's so that
when the step on them - which they do a lot, I have a
backup to make another one with. I have two year olds.
Isn't that what I would do?

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Get DVDDecrypter and rip your DVD to your hard disk first. nero will be
happy with the files on your hard disk.
http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

>I want to make copies of my kids' favorite DVD's so that
> when the step on them - which they do a lot, I have a
> backup to make another one with. I have two year olds.
> Isn't that what I would do?

get CloneDVD