Is scene detection lacking in Vegas Video 4 when importing..

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

There does not seem to be any way of automatically breaking up a video
clip using scene detection when importing an avi video (I'm not
referring to a DV Video).
Is this a feature lacking in Vegas Video 4 or have I missed finding
it?
If it is missing then does Vegas 5 have this feature?

Regards Brian

Ron

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> There does not seem to be any way of automatically breaking up a video
> clip using scene detection when importing an avi video (I'm not
> referring to a DV Video).
> Is this a feature lacking in Vegas Video 4 or have I missed finding
> it?
> If it is missing then does Vegas 5 have this feature?
>
> Regards Brian

AFAIK, the scene detection in Vegas 4 is only employed while creating AVIs
from DV-in(whether it be from direct capture or via pass-thru) and not
importing an already created AVI. You could run it through Scenalyzer
though.

Ron