64bit cpu vivo error

Hi.
I've got a GeForce FX5600 256mb AGP 8 graphics card...fantastic for Video
capture etc on my old msi k7n2 delta ILRS mo/bo with a Barton 2500cpu. was
wonderful.
I've just got a MSI K8N Neo platinum mo/bo with a amd athlon 64bit chip,
the problem I have is I cannot get windows or any video capture software to
see my vivo feature. I get the message "no supported devices "
The card was fine before my upgrade.
Does anyone know why the pc cannot see my VIVO card?
I'm running XP Pro sp1 256mb graphics 1024 ram 160gb Maxtor drive SATA.
the bios on the graphics card is bios 4.31.20.40.00 I do not think there is a
newer version.
I've tried it in a friends pc who has the same set-up as me but has got the
service pack 2 installed....this makes no difference. I don't think it likes
the 64bit chip.
I've got the latest drivers etc ....
thnks for any help.

Phill
4 answers Last reply
More about 64bit vivo error

    Did you install the Capture (ie WDM) drivers from the nVidia website... they
    are not part of the graphics drivers but must be downloaded and installed
    separately.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > I've got a GeForce FX5600 256mb AGP 8 graphics card...fantastic for Video
    > capture etc on my old msi k7n2 delta ILRS mo/bo with a Barton 2500cpu. was
    > wonderful.
    > I've just got a MSI K8N Neo platinum mo/bo with a amd athlon 64bit chip,
    > the problem I have is I cannot get windows or any video capture software
    > see my vivo feature. I get the message "no supported devices "
    > The card was fine before my upgrade.
    > Does anyone know why the pc cannot see my VIVO card?
    > I'm running XP Pro sp1 256mb graphics 1024 ram 160gb Maxtor drive SATA.
    > the bios on the graphics card is bios 4.31.20.40.00 I do not think there
    > is a
    > newer version.
    > I've tried it in a friends pc who has the same set-up as me but has got
    > the
    > service pack 2 installed....this makes no difference. I don't think it
    > likes
    > the 64bit chip.
    > I've got the latest drivers etc ....
    > thnks for any help.
    >
    > Phill

    Hi.
    I uninstlled the WDM drivers and reinstalled them...then restarted pc....It
    then found all hardware etc...Works at treat. thank you.
    When I look at the details about my card. it still says im running on my old
    chip at 8*AGP 256mb. on my friends pc the same info box says it on 64bit
    3200+ cpu on a pci rather than 8*AGP
    the fact it says pci rather than 8* would this affect its speed etc?
    Thanks again
    Phill

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Did you install the Capture (ie WDM) drivers from the nVidia website... they
    > are not part of the graphics drivers but must be downloaded and installed
    > separately.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > > I've got a GeForce FX5600 256mb AGP 8 graphics card...fantastic for Video
    > > capture etc on my old msi k7n2 delta ILRS mo/bo with a Barton 2500cpu. was
    > > wonderful.
    > > I've just got a MSI K8N Neo platinum mo/bo with a amd athlon 64bit chip,
    > > the problem I have is I cannot get windows or any video capture software
    > > see my vivo feature. I get the message "no supported devices "
    > > The card was fine before my upgrade.
    > > Does anyone know why the pc cannot see my VIVO card?
    > > I'm running XP Pro sp1 256mb graphics 1024 ram 160gb Maxtor drive SATA.
    > > the bios on the graphics card is bios 4.31.20.40.00 I do not think there
    > > is a
    > > newer version.
    > > I've tried it in a friends pc who has the same set-up as me but has got
    > > the
    > > service pack 2 installed....this makes no difference. I don't think it
    > > likes
    > > the 64bit chip.
    > > I've got the latest drivers etc ....
    > > thnks for any help.
    > >
    > > Phill

    It shouldn't do. Try a few games and a few captures and see.
    --

    > Hi.
    > I uninstlled the WDM drivers and reinstalled them...then restarted
    > pc....It
    > then found all hardware etc...Works at treat. thank you.
    > When I look at the details about my card. it still says im running on my
    > old
    > chip at 8*AGP 256mb. on my friends pc the same info box says it on 64bit
    > 3200+ cpu on a pci rather than 8*AGP
    > the fact it says pci rather than 8* would this affect its speed etc?
    > Thanks again
    > Phill
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you install the Capture (ie WDM) drivers from the nVidia website...
    >> they
    >> are not part of the graphics drivers but must be downloaded and installed
    >> separately.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>
    >> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >>
    >> "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi.
    >> > I've got a GeForce FX5600 256mb AGP 8 graphics card...fantastic for
    >> > Video
    >> > capture etc on my old msi k7n2 delta ILRS mo/bo with a Barton 2500cpu.
    >> > was
    >> > wonderful.
    >> > I've just got a MSI K8N Neo platinum mo/bo with a amd athlon 64bit
    >> > chip,
    >> > the problem I have is I cannot get windows or any video capture
    >> > software
    >> > see my vivo feature. I get the message "no supported devices "
    >> > The card was fine before my upgrade.
    >> > Does anyone know why the pc cannot see my VIVO card?
    >> > I'm running XP Pro sp1 256mb graphics 1024 ram 160gb Maxtor drive
    >> > SATA.
    >> > the bios on the graphics card is bios 4.31.20.40.00 I do not think
    >> > there
    >> > is a
    >> > newer version.
    >> > I've tried it in a friends pc who has the same set-up as me but has got
    >> > the
    >> > service pack 2 installed....this makes no difference. I don't think it
    >> > likes
    >> > the 64bit chip.
    >> > I've got the latest drivers etc ....
    >> > thnks for any help.
    >> >
    >> > Phill

    Will do. Thanks again.
    Phill

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It shouldn't do. Try a few games and a few captures and see.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > > I uninstlled the WDM drivers and reinstalled them...then restarted
    > > pc....It
    > > then found all hardware etc...Works at treat. thank you.
    > > When I look at the details about my card. it still says im running on my
    > > old
    > > chip at 8*AGP 256mb. on my friends pc the same info box says it on 64bit
    > > 3200+ cpu on a pci rather than 8*AGP
    > > the fact it says pci rather than 8* would this affect its speed etc?
    > > Thanks again
    > > Phill
    > >

    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Did you install the Capture (ie WDM) drivers from the nVidia website...
    > >> they
    > >> are not part of the graphics drivers but must be downloaded and installed
    > >> separately.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>
    > >> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    > >>
    > >> "Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Video Windows XP