Can I edit a DVD (a movie), and then put it back onto anot..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 9, 2004 7:41:58 PM

I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
another DVD?
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 3:30:53 AM

On a sunny day (9 May 2004 15:41:58 -0700) it happened vedivan6@hotmail.com
(KizerSosey) wrote in <ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>:

>I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
>couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
>another DVD?
Yes, demux the vob, edit mpeg2 and AC3, remux and re-author.
Maybe some editors allow you to edit a VOB with sound.... dunno.
I am even thinking you may have to decode AC3 to wave, edit, and code
back to AC3 again.
Maybe there is a simpler way too.
Better is to have your kids see it, so they will be inocculated and
stronger in their lives.
JP
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 8:56:53 AM

Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c7mevu$k$1@news.epidc.co.kr>...
> On a sunny day (9 May 2004 15:41:58 -0700) it happened vedivan6@hotmail.com
> (KizerSosey) wrote in <ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>:
>
> >I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
> >couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
> >another DVD?
> Yes, demux the vob, edit mpeg2 and AC3, remux and re-author.
> Maybe some editors allow you to edit a VOB with sound.... dunno.
> I am even thinking you may have to decode AC3 to wave, edit, and code
> back to AC3 again.
> Maybe there is a simpler way too.
> Better is to have your kids see it, so they will be inocculated and
> stronger in their lives.
> JP

Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
years!)
Related resources
May 10, 2004 6:37:52 PM

Hey:

It DOES seem like a lot of work to cut out a couple of scenes...

....but then again, anything that makes "Spiderman" shorter might be
worth the effort!

And speaking of "hokey and cheesy", has anyone seen the trailer for
"Spiderman 2"? Peter Parker angsting about not wanting the "epic"
responsibility, his girlfriend angsting about not wanting to wait
around for him, music portentious enough to make even King Arthur
shriek, "Hey, lighten up!"

Is this a comic book or an episode of "Thirtysomething"?

Todd
www.wonderninja.com
Buy and Sell YOUR Personalized Services!
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 5:07:50 AM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:57:42 GMT, "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>What's wrong with Spiderman. It is hokey and cheesy (like the rest of Sam's
>movies and shows), it isn't like there is nudity or anything.

Perhaps he said "God" a couple of times. There are Christians who
consider that an obscenity. I never quite worked out why :-)
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 3:53:17 PM

Is there a FAQ or a site with general information or a glossary for video
editing jargon? Jan's reply may as well be a parody of techno-speak for all
I know about this subject. Demux the vob - yeah, sure, whatever, as soon as
I'm done calibrating the servo thrusters on my hemi.

Thanks

"Jan Panteltje" <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On a sunny day (9 May 2004 15:41:58 -0700) it happened
vedivan6@hotmail.com
> (KizerSosey) wrote in <ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>:
>
> >I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
> >couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
> >another DVD?
> Yes, demux the vob, edit mpeg2 and AC3, remux and re-author.
> Maybe some editors allow you to edit a VOB with sound.... dunno.
> I am even thinking you may have to decode AC3 to wave, edit, and code
> back to AC3 again.
> Maybe there is a simpler way too.
> Better is to have your kids see it, so they will be inocculated and
> stronger in their lives.
> JP
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 5:35:12 PM

http://www.videohelp.com/

> I know about this subject. Demux the vob - yeah, sure, whatever, as
soon as
> I'm done calibrating the servo thrusters on my hemi.

<vbg> (very big grin), that was good.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 7:11:24 PM

vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey) wrote in message news:<ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>...

> I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
> couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
> another DVD?

Use thie reauthor feature in DVD Shrink, it allows you to do simple
edits without a bunch of conversion. I tried VobEdit but it kept
freezing up on me

STRATEGY
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 10:02:03 PM

>Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
>kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
>Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
>prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
>clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
>years!)

What a catestrophically insane attitude!! I'm sure the cretins who perpetuated
the atrocities upon the Iraqi POWs were "well innoculated" in the "realities of
life" by hundreds of hours of "comprehension of humanity"...and the Army didn't
take the time to de-program them back to actual humanity and common sense.
They simply didn't know the difference. How can we imagine that a child
automatically differentiates between good and evil (or productive and
counterproductive...positive and negative...) on a TV tube with no external
guidance?

The world's economy runs on the principle that advertisements can change
people's behavior...a valid principle proven millions of times a day. But we
somehow convince ourselves that the material between commercials somehow does
not change behavior. Insane!

webpa
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 10:09:27 PM

"WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> How can we imagine that a child
> automatically differentiates between good and evil (or productive and
> counterproductive...positive and negative...) on a TV tube with no
external
> guidance?

How can an adult be expected know the difference if they don't
learn it while still a child.

David
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 12:34:07 AM

On a sunny day (11 May 2004 18:02:03 GMT) it happened webpa@aol.com (WEBPA)
wrote in <20040511140203.04754.00000255@mb-m25.aol.com>:

>>Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
>>kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
>>Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
>>prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
>>clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
>>years!)
>>

>What a catestrophically insane attitude!! I'm sure the cretins who perpetuated
>the atrocities upon the Iraqi POWs were "well innoculated" in the "realities of
>life" by hundreds of hours of "comprehension of humanity"...and the Army didn't
>take the time to de-program them back to actual humanity and common sense.
>They simply didn't know the difference. How can we imagine that a child
>automatically differentiates between good and evil
How can we imagine a grownyup does?
They did not in Iraq, and they watched all of it.
How can we imagine you do?
Were you censored as a kid?
So because you were not allowed to read about the Daltons, would that keep
you from crime?
All these movies these days are stuffed with 'morale'.
How many do you know here the bad guys got the money and got
aways with it?
You are so manipulated that you do not even notice that.
JP
!