Can I edit a DVD (a movie), and then put it back onto anot..

I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
another DVD?
10 answers Last reply
More about edit movie back anot

    On a sunny day (9 May 2004 15:41:58 -0700) it happened vedivan6@hotmail.com
    (KizerSosey) wrote in <ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>:

    >I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
    >couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
    >another DVD?
    Yes, demux the vob, edit mpeg2 and AC3, remux and re-author.
    Maybe some editors allow you to edit a VOB with sound.... dunno.
    I am even thinking you may have to decode AC3 to wave, edit, and code
    back to AC3 again.
    Maybe there is a simpler way too.
    Better is to have your kids see it, so they will be inocculated and
    stronger in their lives.
    JP

    Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c7mevu$k$1@news.epidc.co.kr>...
    > On a sunny day (9 May 2004 15:41:58 -0700) it happened vedivan6@hotmail.com
    > (KizerSosey) wrote in <ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>:
    >
    > >I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
    > >couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
    > >another DVD?
    > Yes, demux the vob, edit mpeg2 and AC3, remux and re-author.
    > Maybe some editors allow you to edit a VOB with sound.... dunno.
    > I am even thinking you may have to decode AC3 to wave, edit, and code
    > back to AC3 again.
    > Maybe there is a simpler way too.
    > Better is to have your kids see it, so they will be inocculated and
    > stronger in their lives.
    > JP

    Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
    kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
    Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
    prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
    clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
    years!)

    Hey:

    It DOES seem like a lot of work to cut out a couple of scenes...

    ....but then again, anything that makes "Spiderman" shorter might be
    worth the effort!

    And speaking of "hokey and cheesy", has anyone seen the trailer for
    "Spiderman 2"? Peter Parker angsting about not wanting the "epic"
    responsibility, his girlfriend angsting about not wanting to wait
    around for him, music portentious enough to make even King Arthur
    shriek, "Hey, lighten up!"

    Is this a comic book or an episode of "Thirtysomething"?

    Todd
    www.wonderninja.com
    Buy and Sell YOUR Personalized Services!

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:57:42 GMT, "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >What's wrong with Spiderman. It is hokey and cheesy (like the rest of Sam's
    >movies and shows), it isn't like there is nudity or anything.

    Perhaps he said "God" a couple of times. There are Christians who
    consider that an obscenity. I never quite worked out why :-)

    Is there a FAQ or a site with general information or a glossary for video
    editing jargon? Jan's reply may as well be a parody of techno-speak for all
    I know about this subject. Demux the vob - yeah, sure, whatever, as soon as
    I'm done calibrating the servo thrusters on my hemi.

    Thanks

    http://www.videohelp.com/

    > I know about this subject. Demux the vob - yeah, sure, whatever, as
    soon as
    > I'm done calibrating the servo thrusters on my hemi.

    <vbg> (very big grin), that was good.

    vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey) wrote in message news:<ad47583e.0405091441.2b806052@posting.google.com>...

    > I want to know if I can copy a movie, like Spiderman, edit out a
    > couple scenes I don't want my kids to watch, and then put it onto
    > another DVD?

    Use thie reauthor feature in DVD Shrink, it allows you to do simple
    edits without a bunch of conversion. I tried VobEdit but it kept
    freezing up on me

    STRATEGY

    >Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
    >kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
    >Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
    >prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
    >clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
    >years!)

    What a catestrophically insane attitude!! I'm sure the cretins who perpetuated
    the atrocities upon the Iraqi POWs were "well innoculated" in the "realities of
    life" by hundreds of hours of "comprehension of humanity"...and the Army didn't
    take the time to de-program them back to actual humanity and common sense.
    They simply didn't know the difference. How can we imagine that a child
    automatically differentiates between good and evil (or productive and
    counterproductive...positive and negative...) on a TV tube with no external
    guidance?

    The world's economy runs on the principle that advertisements can change
    people's behavior...a valid principle proven millions of times a day. But we
    somehow convince ourselves that the material between commercials somehow does
    not change behavior. Insane!

    webpa

    "WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > How can we imagine that a child
    > automatically differentiates between good and evil (or productive and
    > counterproductive...positive and negative...) on a TV tube with no
    external
    > guidance?

    How can an adult be expected know the difference if they don't
    learn it while still a child.

    David

    On a sunny day (11 May 2004 18:02:03 GMT) it happened webpa@aol.com (WEBPA)
    wrote in <20040511140203.04754.00000255@mb-m25.aol.com>:

    >>Love the last comment, Jan - I couldn't agree more. Shielding your
    >>kids from the realities of life is no way to prepare them for life.
    >>Expand their minds to increase their comprehension of humanity and
    >>prepare them for life in the real world. (That said, there are
    >>clearly limits - I wouldn't let my kids see Kill Bill in a million
    >>years!)
    >>

    >What a catestrophically insane attitude!! I'm sure the cretins who perpetuated
    >the atrocities upon the Iraqi POWs were "well innoculated" in the "realities of
    >life" by hundreds of hours of "comprehension of humanity"...and the Army didn't
    >take the time to de-program them back to actual humanity and common sense.
    >They simply didn't know the difference. How can we imagine that a child
    >automatically differentiates between good and evil
    How can we imagine a grownyup does?
    They did not in Iraq, and they watched all of it.
    How can we imagine you do?
    Were you censored as a kid?
    So because you were not allowed to read about the Daltons, would that keep
    you from crime?
    All these movies these days are stuffed with 'morale'.
    How many do you know here the bad guys got the money and got
    aways with it?
    You are so manipulated that you do not even notice that.
    JP

Tuner Cards Movies Desktops DVD Graphics