I have the NVidia GeForce FX Go5200 in my Dell laptop.
The other day one of the automatic windows xp updates was downloaded but it
said that the install failed. The automatic update notice kept appearing and
I tried about three times to install it, but the installation always failed.
There was a message that said something about the NVidia, but I don't know
what it said.

The next time I hooked up my laptop to my InFocus projector, instead of
changing to a screen resolution that is somewhat bigger than my usual laptop
screen (which always happens since my projector is low-end and doesn't have
as high a res as my laptop)
it had a notice that said something about not having the usual resolution
available and now the resolution when hooked up to my projector is really
coarse.

I'm sure this problem is the result of the failed installation.
Any ideas about how to get my original screen resolution back?

Thanks!
Janet

Download and install the latest nVidia drivers from the Dell website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging