analogue video recording to hard drive

trying to record old video tapes to hard drive to make DVDs later...SonyRB34
has RCA plugs but there is no way I can get this tape into my system...Win
Movie Maker does nor recognise the Capture Card or the VCR. Win MediaCentre I
cannot see any way of recording a tape through this..seems clownish and
simplistic and no help for this problem can be found...Click to DVD seems
difficult to use and seems to freeze up easily....I bought this computer
specifically to put video tapes into the HD to make DVDs but I am being
frustrated at every turn, with any 'help' info difficult to find.
Has anybody managed to do this?? Surely it shouldn't be so difficult to do?
2 answers Last reply
More about analogue video recording hard drive

    I haven't tried Click to DVD but I can tell you that Cyberlink's
    PowerDirector seems to work just fine. www.gocyberlink.com

    Give the trial version a go and see if it works for you before you buy.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > trying to record old video tapes to hard drive to make DVDs
    > later...SonyRB34
    > has RCA plugs but there is no way I can get this tape into my system...Win
    > Movie Maker does nor recognise the Capture Card or the VCR. Win
    > MediaCentre I
    > cannot see any way of recording a tape through this..seems clownish and
    > simplistic and no help for this problem can be found...Click to DVD seems
    > difficult to use and seems to freeze up easily....I bought this computer
    > specifically to put video tapes into the HD to make DVDs but I am being
    > frustrated at every turn, with any 'help' info difficult to find.
    > Has anybody managed to do this?? Surely it shouldn't be so difficult to
    > do?

    OK thanks for that tip. Will check it out. I have NERO also, but Nero doesn't
    seems to be able to find and recognise the video capture card. Sony helpdesk
    tried to steer me away from using Click to DVD and to use Media Centre
    instead, but it's hard to get through through the cartoonish display and huge
    fonts and get it to do what you want. Very disappointed in MediaCentre so
    far.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > I haven't tried Click to DVD but I can tell you that Cyberlink's
    > PowerDirector seems to work just fine. www.gocyberlink.com
    >
    > Give the trial version a go and see if it works for you before you buy.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > trying to record old video tapes to hard drive to make DVDs
    > > later...SonyRB34
    > > has RCA plugs but there is no way I can get this tape into my system...Win
    > > Movie Maker does nor recognise the Capture Card or the VCR. Win
    > > MediaCentre I
    > > cannot see any way of recording a tape through this..seems clownish and
    > > simplistic and no help for this problem can be found...Click to DVD seems
    > > difficult to use and seems to freeze up easily....I bought this computer
    > > specifically to put video tapes into the HD to make DVDs but I am being
    > > frustrated at every turn, with any 'help' info difficult to find.
    > > Has anybody managed to do this?? Surely it shouldn't be so difficult to
    > > do?

Video Hard Drives Windows XP