Nathan

I have a Panasonic PV-DV53. It mentions it uses a 6-4pin firewire cable,
would this
do(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=167022&is=REG)?
There are firewire card out there, would any from say walmart do fine
(http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2458197)?

Any help, thanks.

--
Dell Dimension 8400 Media Center Edition 2005

Nathan

sorry, prev post didn't show up like normal. Thought I hit close.

"Nathan" wrote:

> I have a Panasonic PV-DV53. It mentions it uses a 6-4pin firewire cable,
> would this
> do(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=167022&is=REG)?
> There are firewire card out there, would any from say walmart do fine
> (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2458197)?
>
> Any help, thanks.
>
> --
> Dell Dimension 8400 Media Center Edition 2005

Outlaw

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

Yes, that is the cable you need. Also know as a IEEE 1394 cable available at
just about any computer store for around $30

Mike

"Nathan" wrote:

> I have a Panasonic PV-DV53. It mentions it uses a 6-4pin firewire cable,
> would this
> do(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=167022&is=REG)?
> There are firewire card out there, would any from say walmart do fine
> (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2458197)?
>
> Any help, thanks.
>
> --
> Dell Dimension 8400 Media Center Edition 2005

Nathan,
I have the PV DV52, and yes that's the correct cable; 6 pin to 4 pin.
(ilink)
The firewire card you want to use from Walmart may give you problems.
I couldn't figure out what chipset it uses on the card it'self. This is
pretty important with firewire & digital cameras. You want a card that
has Nec, or Texas Instruments chipsets imbedded in the card, to get the
frame rate and compatability needed for DV video.
Take a look at this one from 'FirewireDirect'
(http://tinyurl.com/65hay) For $39 bucks it will do what you want it to
do sucessfully. The sites tech support is top notch also. (even live
chat)
If you have SP2 installed please PM me _before_ you plug the card in.
I'll tell you what you need to do to get SP1 drivers to install. The
SP2 drivers for firewire don't work well. I'm speaking from personal
experience, and lot's of time spent on the various forums, trying to
get firewire to work right.
Best,
Treeman

--