Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Hi there all,

I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
maximum??
I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.

Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
devices.

Thanks

Jo D
4 answers Last reply
More about largest memory stick sony f707

    "Jo D" <robbyahhNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote...
    > Hi there all,
    >
    > I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
    > http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
    > can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
    > maximum??
    > I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
    > camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
    >
    > Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
    > This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
    > newer version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can
    > only use 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the
    > other side for the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory
    > stick pro devices.

    You are correct. The 717 (which came out before Memory Stick Pros) are
    able to use the large "Pro" sticks, but not the 707.

    Craig

    There are a few vendors that offer a 128x2 stick. You may want to consider
    this option...

    Seymore...
    www.SonyCams.com
    Sony F717 / TRV70
    Nikon N90s, Nikon FM2, SB22 Speed-Light Flash
    Nikkor MF 50mm 1.4/f16 -- AF 24-50mm 3.3-4.5/f22
    Nikkor AF 60mm 2.8/f32 -- AF 35-135mm 3.5-4.5/f22
    Tokina SZ-X 80-200mm 4.5-5.6/f32 -- AT-X 100-300mm 4/f32
    remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

    "Jo D" <robbyahhNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there all,
    >
    > I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707

    http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
    > can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
    > maximum??
    > I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
    > camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
    >
    > Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
    > This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
    newer
    > version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
    > 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side
    for
    > the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
    > devices.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Jo D

  3. Actually, the 2x128MB is called a Memory Stick Select.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick
  4. bay to memory stick
    love.akash711@yahoo.com

Cameras Sony Memory Peripherals