Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b } Memory
November 16, 2004 3:41:45 PM

Hi there all,

I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalst...
can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
maximum??
I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.

Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
devices.

Thanks

Jo D
November 16, 2004 3:50:38 PM

"Jo D" <robbyahhNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote...
> Hi there all,
>
> I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
> http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalst...
> can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
> maximum??
> I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
> camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
>
> Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
> This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
> newer version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can
> only use 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the
> other side for the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory
> stick pro devices.

You are correct. The 717 (which came out before Memory Stick Pros) are
able to use the large "Pro" sticks, but not the 707.

Craig
Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 16, 2004 8:26:12 PM

There are a few vendors that offer a 128x2 stick. You may want to consider
this option...

Seymore...
www.SonyCams.com
Sony F717 / TRV70
Nikon N90s, Nikon FM2, SB22 Speed-Light Flash
Nikkor MF 50mm 1.4/f16 -- AF 24-50mm 3.3-4.5/f22
Nikkor AF 60mm 2.8/f32 -- AF 35-135mm 3.5-4.5/f22
Tokina SZ-X 80-200mm 4.5-5.6/f32 -- AT-X 100-300mm 4/f32
remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

"Jo D" <robbyahhNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D Ammd.38324$K7.4595@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi there all,
>
> I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707

http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalst...
> can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
> maximum??
> I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
> camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
>
> Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
> This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
newer
> version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
> 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side
for
> the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
> devices.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jo D

a b } Memory