Capturing video on my screen

Can anyone please tell me how to capture video directly on my screen (e.g. a
clip that plays on a website but cannot be saved or downloaded). I know I
can do this for images (Alt-PrintScreen) but I don't know how to do this for
video.

If WMP is open and playing the clip,go to file upper L.corner,then
select,save as.

> If WMP is open and playing the clip,go to file upper L.corner,then
> select,save as.

Yes, that would be too easy. The clip is usually playing inside a web
browser (using either wmp plug-in or quicktime plug-in or real plug-in) with
no provision to "Save As..." the clip. That's why I need to "capture" the
video. Any ideas?

If it's correctly streamed it cannot be captured with any ease.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"juliadream" <juliadream@psych.net> wrote in message

> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
>> If WMP is open and playing the clip,go to file upper L.corner,then
>> select,save as.
>
> Yes, that would be too easy. The clip is usually playing inside a web
> browser (using either wmp plug-in or quicktime plug-in or real plug-in)
> with no provision to "Save As..." the clip. That's why I need to
> "capture" the video. Any ideas?

tmb

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004

juliadream schreef:
> Can anyone please tell me how to capture video directly on my screen (e.g. a
> clip that plays on a website but cannot be saved or downloaded). I know I
> can do this for images (Alt-PrintScreen) but I don't know how to do this for
> video.

Snagit
Camtasia Studio

After trying for ages I settled on video out (SVHS) to Analog (SVHS) in on
my camcorder - quality is surprisingly good!