something v simple, but i havn't ticked the monitor off box
thanks for any help offered

What software are you trying to capture to? Pass-thru is known to be
difficult... see PapaJohn's website at www.papajohn.og
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What software are you trying to capture to? Pass-thru is known to be
> difficult... see PapaJohn's website at www.papajohn.og
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "fourwinds" <fourwinds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to capture a/v from my hi8 analogue, via advc100 and firewire?
> > sorry new to all this, press record and play the tape in the camera, the
> > monitor is black and no sound. dell d800 1.8g 512 mem. probably
> > something v simple, but i havn't ticked the monitor off box
> > thanks for any help offered
> >

> So sorry Cari, I should know by now to be more specific. I first load Windows Movie Maker from the accessories drop down. When I click on record, the small monitor window on the menu page turns black instead of showing the video I am supposed to be sending to wmm. I think the two bits of info on papadoc refers to the computer monitor ( which I think you were also, due to my poor command of the English language ) By the way, I can't get Roxio 7 to work either, anything to do with zone alarm?
Regards, ian fourwinds

Check your Firewire connection in device manager. The ADVC-100 is about the
most reliable device for capture, so unless it is a wiring or device driver
issue, that is strange. Don't forget to check the Canopus site (the slow
one... ;) ) for possible solutions.

"fourwinds" <fourwinds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to capture a/v from my hi8 analogue, via advc100 and firewire?
> sorry new to all this, press record and play the tape in the camera, the
> monitor is black and no sound. dell d800 1.8g 512 mem. probably
> something v simple, but i havn't ticked the monitor off box
> thanks for any help offered

Just remembered from another post, you could use Scenalyzer to capture. I
think it has a free demo too.
Search and ye shall find.

"George Ellis" <george.ellis@9delta9.com> wrote in message
> Check your Firewire connection in device manager. The ADVC-100 is about
the
> most reliable device for capture, so unless it is a wiring or device
driver
> issue, that is strange. Don't forget to check the Canopus site (the slow
> one... ;) ) for possible solutions.
>
> "fourwinds" <fourwinds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to capture a/v from my hi8 analogue, via advc100 and
firewire?
> > sorry new to all this, press record and play the tape in the camera, the
> > monitor is black and no sound. dell d800 1.8g 512 mem. probably
> > something v simple, but i havn't ticked the monitor off box
> > thanks for any help offered

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004