windows media player

cof

Recently i had my computer set back to factory settings, i used to be able to
play
music cds. Now the play option for cd's and dvd's is not highlighted as an
available
otpion. Any suggestions out there?, i'd really like to play dvd's on this
here thing.
cof

If you want to play DVDs you must have DVD decoding software... usually
PowerDVD or WinDVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"cof" <cof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently i had my computer set back to factory settings, i used to be able
> play
> music cds. Now the play option for cd's and dvd's is not highlighted as
> an
> available
> otpion. Any suggestions out there?, i'd really like to play dvd's on this
> here thing.
> cof

Lou

As far as I can detect there is a problem with XP's new service pack. My DVD
burnre gave up the ghost in the same way. It remains a nice CD burner and
player but will no longer acknowledge the presence of writable DVD's. This
seems to be wide spread. I have seen no patches or solutions posted. Removing
the up-grade did not help. I hope someone addresses this before I buy a new
DVD or computer. Lou

"cof" wrote:

> Recently i had my computer set back to factory settings, i used to be able to
> play
> music cds. Now the play option for cd's and dvd's is not highlighted as an
> available
> otpion. Any suggestions out there?, i'd really like to play dvd's on this
> here thing.
> cof

cof

My computer has windows media player 10 dvd decoder installed, but it doesn't
seem to be activated. I've been thru all the info but there's still that one
thing
i can't find, how to get it going.
cof