Capturing streaming video streams

I'm wondering if there is any software out there that i can do a video
capture of .avi or quicktime movies on the web.
thnx

On 5/11/2004 10:20:32 AM, Chumley the Walrus wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is any software out there that i can do a video
> capture of .avi or quicktime movies on the web.

Google "Streambox VCR Suite".
--
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind
you from the truth."

Now playing: "Triumvirat - The Capitol of Power"

On a sunny day (11 May 2004 10:20:32 -0700) it happened springb2k@yahoo.com
(Chumley the Walrus) wrote in
<1ef65641.0405110920.f07ff6e@posting.google.com>:

>I'm wondering if there is any software out there that i can do a video
>capture of .avi or quicktime movies on the web.
>thnx

Sure
Linux
mplayer
as in

mplayer -dumpstream my.avi http://xxxx/yyy.avi

Then play it with
mplayer my.avi

Of cause you can also simply do:
wget http://xxxx/yyy.avi

Quicktime may be a bit more involved, you could use
often it is not even quicktime, but simply mpeg.
May or may not work though.

For MS widows I dunno ;-)

Camtasia recorder. http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp

JTH

On 5/11/2004 8:43:34 PM, MD Vid wrote:

> Camtasia recorder. http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp

Yeah, if you want to spend $300.

Or you can get Streambox VCR Suite for free.
--
"I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
days and doesn't die."

Now playing: "Utopia - Stand for Something"