Video quality with Movie Maker

I have a question now and one more after this question is answered. I capture
some video game footage with my new capture device and it's crystal clear.
I've been playing with Movie Maker all day today and finally finished a
movie. The quality is very clear... everything has detail... no blurryness or
whatever. So I have the movie finished, quality's great & I'm ready to upload
it online.

Question: How do I get the saved version to be good quality? Every time I
save the movie (50MB+) the quality looks like a VCR recording. How do I get
the quality to be crystal clear like the original version is?

Thanks - Kevin

Capture it in DV-AVI format and save it in DV-AVI format. Have plenty of
hard drive space available, it will take approximately 12gb per hour of
footage.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"kr580" <kr580@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a question now and one more after this question is answered. I
>capture
> some video game footage with my new capture device and it's crystal clear.
> I've been playing with Movie Maker all day today and finally finished a
> movie. The quality is very clear... everything has detail... no blurryness
> or
> whatever. So I have the movie finished, quality's great & I'm ready to
> upload
> it online.
>
> Question: How do I get the saved version to be good quality? Every time I
> save the movie (50MB+) the quality looks like a VCR recording. How do I
> get
> the quality to be crystal clear like the original version is?
>
> Thanks - Kevin

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Capture it in DV-AVI format and save it in DV-AVI format. Have
> plenty of hard drive space available, it will take approximately 12gb
> per hour of footage.

Good suggestion but it probably doesnt help the OP as he wants to upload it
on a website.

> "kr580" <kr580@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> So I have the movie finished, quality's great & I'm ready
>> to upload it online.

Are you talking about the quality of the preview screen in movie maker here?
You must be as otherwise your next statement contradicts this one.

>> Question: How do I get the saved version to be good quality? Every
>> time I save the movie (50MB+) the quality looks like a VCR
>> recording. How do I get
>> the quality to be crystal clear like the original version is?

There is no short cut to quality other than increasing the bitrate which
adds up the size. The third screen during Save Movie wizard has a list of
options with different bitrates and sizes (click on Show more choices..." to
show those chocies). try different options from this list.

For website viewing the long clips need to be edited to make a short movie
preview. Nobody expects you to upload hour long videos.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie