converting .mswmm to .ipo,.vob,.bop, for Nero

Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie maker
does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn. Not
sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in save
as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
frustrating!!
3 answers Last reply
More about converting mswmm nero

    Your MSWMM file contains only information as to what original files are
    contained in your project. It does not contain any video.

    Use the Save to My Computer option and save as DV-AVI format. Then use Nero
    (or whatever) to create your DVD.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "bobandlisa" <bobandlisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie
    > maker
    > does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn.
    > Not
    > sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in
    > save
    > as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
    > frustrating!!

    Thank you, I was able to figure out how to make it AVI. I still can not get
    Nero to burn that file. The error I get is Unexpected file format. Any
    suggestions on how to get help for this? Thank you!

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Your MSWMM file contains only information as to what original files are
    > contained in your project. It does not contain any video.
    >
    > Use the Save to My Computer option and save as DV-AVI format. Then use Nero
    > (or whatever) to create your DVD.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "bobandlisa" <bobandlisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie
    > > maker
    > > does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn.
    > > Not
    > > sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in
    > > save
    > > as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
    > > frustrating!!

    You need to update your version of NERO. DV-AVI is an almost universally
    recognized format...it you are getting errors, then it may be a software
    issue (bad installation).

    Bobby

    > Thank you, I was able to figure out how to make it AVI. I still can not
    > get
    > Nero to burn that file. The error I get is Unexpected file format. Any
    > suggestions on how to get help for this? Thank you!
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Your MSWMM file contains only information as to what original files are
    >> contained in your project. It does not contain any video.
    >>
    >> Use the Save to My Computer option and save as DV-AVI format. Then use
    >> Nero
    >> (or whatever) to create your DVD.
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "bobandlisa" <bobandlisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie
    >> > maker
    >> > does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn.
    >> > Not
    >> > sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in
    >> > save
    >> > as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
    >> > frustrating!!

Video Burner Nero Movie Maker Windows XP