converting .mswmm to .ipo,.vob,.bop, for Nero

March 23, 2005 8:27:01 AM

Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie maker
does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn. Not
sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in save
as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
frustrating!!
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:56:22 PM

Your MSWMM file contains only information as to what original files are
contained in your project. It does not contain any video.

Use the Save to My Computer option and save as DV-AVI format. Then use Nero
(or whatever) to create your DVD.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"bobandlisa" <bobandlisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie
> maker
> does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn.
> Not
> sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in
> save
> as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
> frustrating!!

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 8:35:01 AM

Thank you, I was able to figure out how to make it AVI. I still can not get
Nero to burn that file. The error I get is Unexpected file format. Any
suggestions on how to get help for this? Thank you!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Your MSWMM file contains only information as to what original files are
> contained in your project. It does not contain any video.
>
> Use the Save to My Computer option and save as DV-AVI format. Then use Nero
> (or whatever) to create your DVD.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "bobandlisa" <bobandlisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help, I have made movies on Movie Maker, need to burn to DVD....movie
> > maker
> > does not do this, I have read that I need to convert so Nero can burn.
> > Not
> > sure the exact steps to do this. I can not select another file type in
> > save
> > as in Movie Maker. Thank you in advance for help. This is very
> > frustrating!!

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:14:56 PM

You need to update your version of NERO. DV-AVI is an almost universally
recognized format...it you are getting errors, then it may be a software
issue (bad installation).

Bobby

!