Importing .avi video into movie maker

When I try to import .avi files into the movie maker... I get an error that
says

"RvB_Episode01_LoRes.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to
play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to
download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and
then try to import the file again."

RvB....avi being the file i want to import.

I have selected automatically install codecs, and have restarted... but
nothing changes... Am i missing something?

Use the G-Spot codec identifier to correctly identifier what codec the AVI
is encoded with. Then download and install the correct codecs to your PC,.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"cysko9" <cysko9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to import .avi files into the movie maker... I get an error
> that
> says
>
> "RvB_Episode01_LoRes.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to
> play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried
> download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and
> then try to import the file again."
>
> RvB....avi being the file i want to import.
>
> I have selected automatically install codecs, and have restarted... but
> nothing changes... Am i missing something?

thanks, i found the one i need. but where can i get it? should i just
download DivX 5.0? here' whats gspot says i need

4CC - DX50/DIVX

Yep... www.divx.com.