View video online with what?

I have a few pc's, wife, daughters etc.. One of them has an ATI 64DDR VIVO
in it hence one can view composite video input on that pc, e.g. camcorder or
tv etc. I'd like to be able to "link" to this pc such that other pc's could
watch the live feed also. As I'm dialup only where I live, I "need" this to
be in-house thru my 100Mbs ethernet.

NetMeeting would be perfect for this except ATI doesn't provide the
neccessary drivers to allow it to be used with that software.

Messenger's no good because one must "login" online etc. plus there'd be the
need for multiple accounts for each connected pc.

I was trying iVisit a year or so ago (when pc was running 98SE) but it's not
as flexible and has "timeout period" limitations, registrations etc. that
make it a pain.

Anything out there that's SIMPLE to use, e.g. like webcam software except a
second copy of the program can "connect" to it (via ip) and view the capture
live?

I've tried the Windows Streaming stuff and it's way overkill, cumbersome and
far from intuitive to this user :)
2 answers Last reply
More about view video online what

    Go to your loacal bookstore and see if "Guide to Home Networking" put out
    by PC Magazine, ISBN 0-7645-4473-X answers your questions.

    "pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a few pc's, wife, daughters etc.. One of them has an ATI 64DDR VIVO
    >in it hence one can view composite video input on that pc, e.g. camcorder
    >or tv etc. I'd like to be able to "link" to this pc such that other pc's
    >could watch the live feed also. As I'm dialup only where I live, I "need"
    >this to be in-house thru my 100Mbs ethernet.
    >
    > NetMeeting would be perfect for this except ATI doesn't provide the
    > neccessary drivers to allow it to be used with that software.
    >
    > Messenger's no good because one must "login" online etc. plus there'd be
    > the need for multiple accounts for each connected pc.
    >
    > I was trying iVisit a year or so ago (when pc was running 98SE) but it's
    > not as flexible and has "timeout period" limitations, registrations etc.
    > that make it a pain.
    >
    > Anything out there that's SIMPLE to use, e.g. like webcam software except
    > a second copy of the program can "connect" to it (via ip) and view the
    > capture live?
    >
    > I've tried the Windows Streaming stuff and it's way overkill, cumbersome
    > and far from intuitive to this user :)

    Networking itself isn't the problem as I've got 7 pc's in a 98SE/XP mix ("
    in-house thru my 100Mbs ethernet"), one acting as a file server, another a
    proxy server (dialup here so need to share at same time), printers etc. with
    no problems. Runnign a couple of protocols, limiting bindings etc. as I see
    fit (for better or worse :).

    Just can't find a NetMeeting clone replacement that'll accept both WDM and
    VFW capture devices under both XP and 98SE so came here and asked ...

    > Go to your loacal bookstore and see if "Guide to Home Networking" put out
    > by PC Magazine, ISBN 0-7645-4473-X answers your questions.
    >
    > "pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a few pc's, wife, daughters etc.. One of them has an ATI 64DDR VIVO
    >>in it hence one can view composite video input on that pc, e.g. camcorder
    >>or tv etc. I'd like to be able to "link" to this pc such that other pc's
    >>could watch the live feed also. As I'm dialup only where I live, I "need"
    >>this to be in-house thru my 100Mbs ethernet.
    >>
    >> NetMeeting would be perfect for this except ATI doesn't provide the
    >> neccessary drivers to allow it to be used with that software.
    >>
    >> Messenger's no good because one must "login" online etc. plus there'd be
    >> the need for multiple accounts for each connected pc.
    >>
    >> I was trying iVisit a year or so ago (when pc was running 98SE) but it's
    >> not as flexible and has "timeout period" limitations, registrations etc.
    >> that make it a pain.
    >>
    >> Anything out there that's SIMPLE to use, e.g. like webcam software except
    >> a second copy of the program can "connect" to it (via ip) and view the
    >> capture live?
    >>
    >> I've tried the Windows Streaming stuff and it's way overkill, cumbersome
    >> and far from intuitive to this user :)

Video Windows XP