video capture

So many people with so many systems and dvcams who can't
capture video,but no answers other than the normal generic fixes that
don't work.I asked 3 weeks ago. Worked around it by capturing to my old
computer and transferring.Anyway,is anyone at MS ever going to address the
problem,that question for MS,not the group!
--
ludingtont

"=?Utf-8?B?bHVkdA==?=" <ludt@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>So many people with so many systems and dvcams who can't
>capture video,but no answers other than the normal generic fixes that
>don't work.I asked 3 weeks ago. Worked around it by capturing to my old
>computer and transferring.Anyway,is anyone at MS ever going to address the
>problem,that question for MS,not the group!

No, of course not. What makes you think they GAS?

Gee,who'da thought,the very next post.
Come on guys, a little help here,please????

ludt Wrote:
> So many people with so many systems and dvcams who can't
> capture video,but no answers other than the normal generic fixes that
> don't work.I asked 3 weeks ago. Worked around it by capturing to my
> old
> computer and transferring.Anyway,is anyone at MS ever going to address
> the
> problem,that question for MS,not the group!
> --
> ludingtont
Are you still waiting for an answer :p

Treeman
Microsoft -JADAEU

--
Treeman

Why should it be solely M/S's fault. You have a month or two old pc which
doesn't work, take it back to Sony and ask them to fix it for you, it should
be your consumer right wherever you live, you bought a pc to do video work,
it dosn't, that should then be your problem sorted.

You seem quite happy to take a we don't know why it doesn't work from Sony,
whose fault it is to make a pc from components that don't work together and
yet M/S who have no control over what Sony do with hardware gets the full
wrath.

It is very hard for us to work out answers, we don't not have your system at
our fingertips to try things, we can only hope you follow instructions
carefully, no asspersions here, but so many times people come back and say
I've done as you ask but when I do this nothing happens and you then ask
what happens when you did part b and they say, oh I didn't do that. Which is
why we give similar answers to everyone - generic - as most of the time they
work. If we all had pc's made from the same components it would be so much
easier to find the problem area, but hey then we'd be using Macs...... LOL

Other things to try.

Often editing apps can interfere with each other and having the wrong
combination can cause conflicts, were all the ones you list already
installed when you bought the pc or have you added them? If so, revert back
to the state the pc was in when bought and try again. If they were all
there, then try a neat little app which just captures and exports from
minidv, Windv, a link to it is here,
http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?t=1165 scroll down to it.

Have you checked to see if you have the latest versions of, directX, windows
media player, motherboard updates, any other updates from your pc
manufacturer or component suppliers.

Is the firewire on-board or a pci card? Could you try fitting a pci card and
see if that works. If it is a pci card have you tried refitting it in a
different slot to see if that works.

Have you checked the firewire settings in the network panel, is it bridged?
Try undoing it if it is.

Bear in mind messing with the pc in mnay of the ways I've suggested could
invalidate any warranty, so I'd still strongly suggest taking it back to
Sony as your first and only option.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"ludt" <ludt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gee,who'da thought,the very next post.
> Come on guys, a little help here,please????
>

> "Huge" wrote:
>
> > "=?Utf-8?B?bHVkdA==?=" <ludt@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
> > >So many people with so many systems and dvcams who can't
> > >capture video,but no answers other than the normal generic fixes that
> > >don't work.I asked 3 weeks ago. Worked around it by capturing to my old
> > >computer and transferring.Anyway,is anyone at MS ever going to address
the
> > >problem,that question for MS,not the group!
> >
> > No, of course not. What makes you think they GAS?
> >

> > --
> > "The road to Paradise is through Intercourse."
> > [email me at huge [at] huge [dot] org [dot] uk]

Another thought, are you using a front firewire connector, don't ask me why,
but these often don't work properly, if you are, try using one at the back.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> [...]
bridged?
> Try undoing it if it is.
>
> Bear in mind messing with the pc in mnay of the ways I've suggested could
> invalidate any warranty, so I'd still strongly suggest taking it back to
> Sony as your first and only option.
>

> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "ludt" <ludt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gee,who'da thought,the very next post.
> > Come on guys, a little help here,please????

> the
> > >
> > > No, of course not. What makes you think they GAS?
> > >

> > > --
> > > "The road to Paradise is through Intercourse."
> > > [email me at huge [at] huge [dot] org [dot] uk]

COBRA

You bought a sony, that's the problem