Video quality

I captured my video with:
Display size: 860x640 pixels.
Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
How can I get better quality ?
How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?
3 answers Last reply
More about video quality

    "STERLING" <STERLING@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I captured my video with:
    > Display size: 860x640 pixels.
    > Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
    > The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
    > How can I get better quality ?
    > How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

    You're capturing at a higher resolution than the video
    frames actually are, and they're getting resized.

    See here for some info:

    http://www.uwasa.fi/~f76998/video/conversion/

    >I captured my video with:
    > Display size: 860x640 pixels.

    This is a strange size. how did you do it?

    Youneed to be using a Firewire card and cable to capture. This allows you to
    capture in best quality possible i.e. in DV AVI format.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

    "STERLING" <STERLING@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I captured my video with:
    > Display size: 860x640 pixels.
    > Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
    > The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
    > How can I get better quality ?
    > How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

    you need to increase your bit rate

    STERLING wrote:

    > I captured my video with:
    > Display size: 860x640 pixels.
    > Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
    > The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
    > How can I get better quality ?
    > How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

Video Windows Movie Maker Windows XP Displays