Sterling

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

I captured my video with:
Display size: 860x640 pixels.
Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
How can I get better quality ?
How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

"STERLING" <STERLING@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I captured my video with:
> Display size: 860x640 pixels.
> Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
> The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
> How can I get better quality ?
> How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

You're capturing at a higher resolution than the video
frames actually are, and they're getting resized.

See here for some info:

http://www.uwasa.fi/~f76998/video/conversion/

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

>I captured my video with:
> Display size: 860x640 pixels.

This is a strange size. how did you do it?

Youneed to be using a Firewire card and cable to capture. This allows you to
capture in best quality possible i.e. in DV AVI format.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

"STERLING" <STERLING@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I captured my video with:
> Display size: 860x640 pixels.
> Each minute of video saved whith this setting will consume 14 MB.
> The video that I got is too "granular" !!!
> How can I get better quality ?
> How can I change the Display size settings in the Windows Movie Maker ?

DarkKnight

you need to increase your bit rate