Good compressing program to compress WMV files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please can someone help me find a compressor program to compress my 99mb
WMV file to around 10mb or below? Can someone please help me, ive looked
all over the place and cant seem to find one, thanks

--
coreyt1111

"coreyt1111" <coreyt1111.1moids@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Please can someone help me find a compressor program to compress my 99mb
> WMV file to around 10mb or below? Can someone please help me, ive looked
> all over the place and cant seem to find one, thanks
>

> --
> coreyt1111

There's probably isn't one. WMV is ALREADY just about
as compressed as it can be, unless you're willing to go to
a smaller resolution (x by y) and/or lower frame rate, it
isn't likely to get much smaller without becoming totally
unwatchable.

Agree with the sentiments of this answer, but for more control over
compression of wmv's, just have a look at windows media encoder 9, free from
M/S.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> "coreyt1111" <coreyt1111.1moids@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Please can someone help me find a compressor program to compress my 99mb
> > WMV file to around 10mb or below? Can someone please help me, ive looked
> > all over the place and cant seem to find one, thanks
> >

> > --
> > coreyt1111
>
> There's probably isn't one. WMV is ALREADY just about
> as compressed as it can be, unless you're willing to go to
> a smaller resolution (x by y) and/or lower frame rate, it
> isn't likely to get much smaller without becoming totally
> unwatchable.

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:16:15 +0100, "Graham Hughes"
<graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote:

>Agree with the sentiments of this answer, but for more control over
>compression of wmv's, just have a look at windows media encoder 9, free from
>M/S.
Also, if you have XP, Windows Movie Maker will do this.

You said your file was 99 MB but you never mentioned how long the
playing time is.
It's difficult to judge if it can be compressed further without
knowing both.

Some WMV files can be exceedingly high quality, with
a high bit rate. Others can have a very low bit rate,
with correspondingly much worse quality (but of course
much smaller files)
Dave

i think you're going about it the wrong way. rather than trying to convert the file to another format, or compress it, I think you want to split the file into 10 MB chunks. you can do this with the rar archive program.