Wireless Router-to-Router communications

I have setup several residential wireless networks, but don't know the
answer to this.

Can two garden variety wireless routers be configured to communicate with
each other ? . . . so as to link 3 workstations at one end of a space to 3
others at the other end?

Many Thanks

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

Out of the production line, as far as I know the Buffalo line of Entry Level
Cable/DSL Routers are the only ones that can do it.

However take a look here you might find few solutions: Wireless Bridging-
http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"
Steve Bruce, mct" <nospam@xmaslake.com> wrote in message
> I have setup several residential wireless networks, but don't know the
> answer to this.
>
> Can two garden variety wireless routers be configured to communicate with
> each other ? . . . so as to link 3 workstations at one end of a space to 3
> others at the other end?
>
> Many Thanks

Thanks

"Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Out of the production line, as far as I know the Buffalo line of Entry
> Level
> Cable/DSL Routers are the only ones that can do it.
>
> However take a look here you might find few solutions: Wireless Bridging-
> http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "
> Steve Bruce, mct" <nospam@xmaslake.com> wrote in message
>> I have setup several residential wireless networks, but don't know the
>> answer to this.
>>
>> Can two garden variety wireless routers be configured to communicate with
>> each other ? . . . so as to link 3 workstations at one end of a space to
>> 3
>> others at the other end?
>>
>> Many Thanks

TRENDING THREADS