Canon ES900 w/ bad video heads....worth anything?

My old Canon ES900 8mm camcorder has a bad video head. I've already got
another MiniDV camcorder so there isn't any reason to have it fixed. My
question is...Does anyone think this would have any value to others who
could maybe do a repair themselves or possibly just use it as a camera and
not to record/play? Before I blow a few bucks trying on e-bay I just wanted
to get a few opinions.

Thanks,
WH

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

what, exactly, is wrong with the head?

"WH" <user@server.com> wrote in message
> My old Canon ES900 8mm camcorder has a bad video head. I've already got
> another MiniDV camcorder so there isn't any reason to have it fixed. My
> question is...Does anyone think this would have any value to others who
> could maybe do a repair themselves or possibly just use it as a camera and
> not to record/play? Before I blow a few bucks trying on e-bay I just
wanted
> to get a few opinions.
>
> Thanks,
> WH

When you play a tape, the picture through the viewfinder blips in and out
from a bad quality picture to nothing (either static or blue, I don't
remember). The same video signal through the AV-Out is solid blue screen on
the TV. In record mode, the picture looks fine both places. I cleaned the
heads with a chamois stick and solution but no difference.