best external USB 2 analog to digital converter?

What is the best external USB 2 video analog to digital converter?

I have 8mm videotapes which I want to burn into DVD but my laptop only has
USB 2.0 ports. I want to connect my Sony regular 8mm analog videocam to
this converter and then connect the converter to the USB port on my laptop.
Ideally, it would convert in real time and I could burn my DVD
simultaneously as I replay the 8mm tape. Otherwise, I have about 15 Gigs on
my hard drive which I figure should be enough for atleast an hour of 8mm
analog video and then burn the DVD after a full conversion into hard disk.

Thanks,

Tien

AverMedia makes a DVD EZ maker for USB2 (<$100). It takes analog input,
connects to the USB2 port and includes all software to do MPEG2 editing if
necessary. It directly burns DVDs.
Fred

"TD" <whatis.it@idontknow.com> wrote in message
> What is the best external USB 2 video analog to digital converter?
>
> I have 8mm videotapes which I want to burn into DVD but my laptop only has
> USB 2.0 ports. I want to connect my Sony regular 8mm analog videocam to
> this converter and then connect the converter to the USB port on my
laptop.
> Ideally, it would convert in real time and I could burn my DVD
> simultaneously as I replay the 8mm tape. Otherwise, I have about 15 Gigs
on
> my hard drive which I figure should be enough for atleast an hour of 8mm
> analog video and then burn the DVD after a full conversion into hard disk.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tien

TRENDING THREADS