transferring 8mm video to p.c.

somebody please dummy this down for me. i want to transfer my 8mm camcorder
tapes to my p.c for dvd burning. i need to know how to connect my camera
directly to my p.c. for this. what do i use to connect it and how do i go
about this? i may already have the connections and don't even know it. please
describe this in detail if you don't mind. i'm extremely new at this.
thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring video

    This would be an analog camcorder and you will need an analog hardware
    capture card for the PC... such as Pinnacle or Dazzle.

    You might want to take a look at www.videohelp.com which has reviews of
    different analog hardware and software. These are reviews by 'normal' folks
    not professionals so they are written in an easy to understand format.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "sonja" <sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > somebody please dummy this down for me. i want to transfer my 8mm
    > camcorder
    > tapes to my p.c for dvd burning. i need to know how to connect my camera
    > directly to my p.c. for this. what do i use to connect it and how do i go
    > about this? i may already have the connections and don't even know it.
    > please
    > describe this in detail if you don't mind. i'm extremely new at this.
    > thanks!

    Depending on how much you have to do, you may wish to go for one of the
    better versions of Cari's suggestion, from Canopus or Miglia, both far
    superior in quality, ease of use, end result quality :) but the downside is
    much more expensive :(
    There are external units which you just plug your cam into and then connect
    to the pc via firewire or you can get internal pci analogue capture cards,
    which obviously do not take up desk space.
    Not sure if you have firewire, check out

    www.myvideoproblems.com

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > This would be an analog camcorder and you will need an analog hardware
    > capture card for the PC... such as Pinnacle or Dazzle.
    >
    > You might want to take a look at www.videohelp.com which has reviews of
    > different analog hardware and software. These are reviews by 'normal'
    folks
    > not professionals so they are written in an easy to understand format.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "sonja" <sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > somebody please dummy this down for me. i want to transfer my 8mm
    > > camcorder
    > > tapes to my p.c for dvd burning. i need to know how to connect my camera
    > > directly to my p.c. for this. what do i use to connect it and how do i
    go
    > > about this? i may already have the connections and don't even know it.
    > > please
    > > describe this in detail if you don't mind. i'm extremely new at this.
    > > thanks!

Video Connection Windows XP