DVD burning software

Has anyone heard of DVD X Copy that supposedly burns DVD movies, even if
they are copyrighted?
I want a product that is EASY to use to copy movies. I don't know if I
could use the ones that require a dycrypter - especially since I don't even
know what that means!!!!.
On this DVD X copy website, it says these programs can no longer be sold,
they are just selling what they have left.
I have Nero Express on my computer, but it is just for Data - not movies.
Any help in this area would be appreciated.
I posted before, but had to reformat my hard drive and lost everything.
Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about burning software

    "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone heard of DVD X Copy that supposedly burns DVD movies, even if
    > they are copyrighted?
    > I want a product that is EASY to use to copy movies. I don't know if I
    > could use the ones that require a dycrypter - especially since I don't
    > even know what that means!!!!.
    > On this DVD X copy website, it says these programs can no longer be
    > sold, they are just selling what they have left.
    > I have Nero Express on my computer, but it is just for Data - not
    > movies.
    > Any help in this area would be appreciated.
    > I posted before, but had to reformat my hard drive and lost everything.
    > Thanks.

    I thought I recognized your name. You could have searched for your

    Commercial DVD movies are often much larger than 4.7GB, and feature copy
    protection. Both of these obstacles will stump Nero. Instead, try the
    combination of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (both freeware) as described
    here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23

    Copying commercial DVDs is not as quick and easy as copying audio CDs, but
    if you follow the instructions at that link (print them out beforehand)
    you should have no problem. It depends how powerful your system is, but
    it can take many hours to copy a single movie.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    use? Thanks so much.

    > I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    > computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    > use? Thanks so much.

    If all the issues you mention frighten you as much as they
    seem, perhaps you should just BUY the movies
    you want instead of copy them...

    But I'll bet you never even thought of that...

    > "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone heard of DVD X Copy that supposedly burns DVD movies, even
    if
    > >> they are copyrighted?
    > >> I want a product that is EASY to use to copy movies. I don't know if I
    > >> could use the ones that require a dycrypter - especially since I don't
    > >> even know what that means!!!!.
    > >> On this DVD X copy website, it says these programs can no longer be
    sold,
    > >> they are just selling what they have left.
    > >> I have Nero Express on my computer, but it is just for Data - not
    movies.
    > >> Any help in this area would be appreciated.
    > >> I posted before, but had to reformat my hard drive and lost everything.
    > >> Thanks.
    > >
    > > I thought I recognized your name. You could have searched for your
    > >
    > > Commercial DVD movies are often much larger than 4.7GB, and feature copy
    > > protection. Both of these obstacles will stump Nero. Instead, try the
    > > combination of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (both freeware) as described
    > > here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23
    > >
    > > Copying commercial DVDs is not as quick and easy as copying audio CDs,
    but
    > > if you follow the instructions at that link (print them out beforehand)
    > > you should have no problem. It depends how powerful your system is, but
    > > it can take many hours to copy a single movie.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ian.

    Now that kind of defeats the purpose now, doesn't it????
    I just need helpful ideas here:)

    "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message

    > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    >> computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    >> use? Thanks so much.
    >
    > If all the issues you mention frighten you as much as they
    > seem, perhaps you should just BUY the movies
    > you want instead of copy them...
    >
    > But I'll bet you never even thought of that...
    >
    >> "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > if
    > sold,
    > movies.
    >> >
    >> > I thought I recognized your name. You could have searched for your
    >> >
    >> > Commercial DVD movies are often much larger than 4.7GB, and feature
    >> > copy
    >> > protection. Both of these obstacles will stump Nero. Instead, try the
    >> > combination of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (both freeware) as
    >> > described
    >> > here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23
    >> >
    >> > Copying commercial DVDs is not as quick and easy as copying audio CDs,
    > but
    >> > if you follow the instructions at that link (print them out beforehand)
    >> > you should have no problem. It depends how powerful your system is,
    >> > but
    >> > it can take many hours to copy a single movie.
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Ian.

    You were given the easiest/most helpful solution. google DVD shrink.
    you'll even find user guides on how to use it.
    > Now that kind of defeats the purpose now, doesn't it????
    > I just need helpful ideas here:)
    >
    > "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    >>> computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice
    >>> use? Thanks so much.
    >>
    >> If all the issues you mention frighten you as much as they
    >> seem, perhaps you should just BUY the movies
    >> you want instead of copy them...
    >>
    >> But I'll bet you never even thought of that...
    >>
    >>> "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> if
    >> sold,
    >> movies.

    >> but

    "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    >computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    >use? Thanks so much.

    I understand your concerns about randomly installing freeware
    applications- many are bundled with adware and spyware. The two apps I am
    recommending to you, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, contain NO adware or
    spyware at all. I've been using both for a couple of years now, and my
    system is completely spyware/adware-free according to scans by AdAware,
    McAfee AntiSpyware, Microsoft AntiSpyware, TrojanHunter, Nod32 Antivirus
    and Norton Antivirus.

    Copying a DVD movie is not as easy as copying an audio CD, but if you
    print out the directions at the link I gave you- printer-friendly version
    here:
    http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23&mode=print
    and just follow along step-by-step, you will do just fine.

    Regards,
    Ian.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Now that kind of defeats the purpose now, doesn't it????
    > I just need helpful ideas here:)

    Bottom line:

    Retail versions (non-freeware) of the software
    you describe were available for a short time. The
    producers were quickly hauled into court and were
    forced to withdraw it. Any DVD copy solution you
    will find will, by its very nature, be a volunteer effort
    by an individual or group with nothing to lose should
    they wind up in the crosshairs. It will likely NEVER come
    in a box at a store, from some manufacturer you recognize,
    because, at this particular instant in the evolution of
    fair-use rules, what you are proposing to do has been
    labeled as an infringement of copyright law, at least in the US.

    We all hope that that will change, but it will take time.

    So, either get over your fears or go buy the DVD.

    Educate yourself here:

    http://www.doom9.org/

    > "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    > >> computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice
    > >> use? Thanks so much.
    > >
    > > If all the issues you mention frighten you as much as they
    > > seem, perhaps you should just BUY the movies
    > > you want instead of copy them...
    > >
    > > But I'll bet you never even thought of that...
    > >
    > >> "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > if
    > > sold,
    > > movies.

    CDs,
    > > but

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    The program AnyDVD is good for removing the copy protection and easy to
    use. Go to its website: www.slysoft.com
    The copying itself is done by Nero, Roxio (or whatever DVD
    burning/copying software you have on your computer) after AnyDVD has
    done it's job. Any questions?

    Ken
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Oh my gosh - I printed out that digest website - 57 pages. I hope that all
    isn't for copying a DVD!!!!! I assume it is for different ways to do it. I
    have just skimmed through it. I don't understand the lingo, but it does
    seem to take you step by step. I downloaded the Decrypter and the Shrink.
    The digest seemed to prefer an outside decrypter as opposed to the one that
    comes with Shrink.
    Do you know if this digest is broken down into different parts or do I go
    through all 57 pages????
    Hate to sound dumb, but just thought I would get my questions answered
    before I start on this process.
    Thanks.
    > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    >>computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    >>use? Thanks so much.
    >
    > I understand your concerns about randomly installing freeware
    > applications- many are bundled with adware and spyware. The two apps I am
    > recommending to you, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, contain NO adware or
    > spyware at all. I've been using both for a couple of years now, and my
    > system is completely spyware/adware-free according to scans by AdAware,
    > McAfee AntiSpyware, Microsoft AntiSpyware, TrojanHunter, Nod32 Antivirus
    > and Norton Antivirus.
    >
    > Copying a DVD movie is not as easy as copying an audio CD, but if you
    > print out the directions at the link I gave you- printer-friendly version
    > here:
    > http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23&mode=print
    > and just follow along step-by-step, you will do just fine.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    "PattiChati" wrote:

    > I am afraid to download freeware for fear it will wreak havoc on my
    > computer, plus the fact, are there good enough directions for a novice to
    > use? Thanks so much.
    > "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone heard of DVD X Copy that supposedly burns DVD movies, even if
    > >> they are copyrighted?
    > >> I want a product that is EASY to use to copy movies. I don't know if I
    > >> could use the ones that require a dycrypter - especially since I don't
    > >> even know what that means!!!!.
    > >> On this DVD X copy website, it says these programs can no longer be sold,
    > >> they are just selling what they have left.
    > >> I have Nero Express on my computer, but it is just for Data - not movies.
    > >> Any help in this area would be appreciated.
    > >> I posted before, but had to reformat my hard drive and lost everything.
    > >> Thanks.
    > >
    > > I thought I recognized your name. You could have searched for your
    > >
    > > Commercial DVD movies are often much larger than 4.7GB, and feature copy
    > > protection. Both of these obstacles will stump Nero. Instead, try the
    > > combination of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (both freeware) as described
    > > here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23
    > >
    > > Copying commercial DVDs is not as quick and easy as copying audio CDs, but
    > > if you follow the instructions at that link (print them out beforehand)
    > > you should have no problem. It depends how powerful your system is, but
    > > it can take many hours to copy a single movie.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ian.

    It can't get any simpler than this,I use both of these programs and you have
    no need to worry about downloading them. Enjoy tour movies.
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=76970a14c6516c5602c9cc2b1f474b1c&threadid=49051

Video DVD DVD Burning Movies Windows XP