sclive combine avis

Hiya,
i run this speed index, and I get 20 scenes.
I capture the 20 scenes, but I get 20 avis

I want 1 avi (with all 20 avis combined)
what can I do?

That seems to me to be the "seamless" part that they talk about..

On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:58:53 -0600, "Carl Junior" <xxc@ade.com> wrote:

>Hiya,
>i run this speed index, and I get 20 scenes.
>I capture the 20 scenes, but I get 20 avis
>
>I want 1 avi (with all 20 avis combined)
>what can I do?
>
>That seems to me to be the "seamless" part that they talk about..

I use a program called "EO Video" that will convert all the files and
output them as one file... works great for me...
I used it to convert clips in real format to avi...the end result was
one long avi...
Regards,
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

Carl Junior wrote:

> Hiya,
> i run this speed index, and I get 20 scenes.
> I capture the 20 scenes, but I get 20 avis
>
> I want 1 avi (with all 20 avis combined)
> what can I do?
>
> That seems to me to be the "seamless" part that they talk about..

Wouldn't it have made more sense to capture with scene detection turned off?

-WD

I would have made more sense, if only it didn't.

I have scense 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,910

I need 4,5,6,7,8 put together.

I would not know where 4,5,6,7,8 were if not for scene detection

On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:15:02 -0600, "Carl Junior" <xxc@ade.com> wrote:

>I need 4,5,6,7,8 put together.

With VirtualDub: "Append avi segment".

With Avisynth: AviSource("4.avi", "5.avi", "6.avi", "7.avi", "8.avi")

>I would not know where 4,5,6,7,8 were if not for scene detection

What about your own eyes, and a slider?

Bariloche wrote:

>>I would not know where 4,5,6,7,8 were if not for scene detection
>

> What about your own eyes, and a slider?

I was going to comment on that... :)

-WD

I do not think that this program uses sliders..

Carl Junior wrote:

> Hiya,
> i run this speed index, and I get 20 scenes.
> I capture the 20 scenes, but I get 20 avis
>
> I want 1 avi (with all 20 avis combined)
> what can I do?

In general, I find it much better to have each scene separated into a
separate file. That makes it easier to handle the clips, easy to store
clips on DVDs and retrieve them as desired, and you can keep them in the
same folder if you want to remember that they come from the same tape.

In Premier, it works much better to work with clips as separate files, but
some other programs, such as Pinnacle Studio, are only designed for
combined avi files.

--
Josef Garvi

"Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
http://www.eden-foundation.org/

new income - better environment - more food - less poverty