Movie Maker to DVD

Deleted member 3023

I just made a movie on Movie Maker version 5.1 and now
need to save it in a format that will be compatible with
Nero 6 Ultra.
I have tried the 'save as' option in MM but in the drop
down list there are no options but wmmv file.
I need it so that when the DVD is played in a home player
it will just start to play.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Are there any experts out there?
Thankyou

Use the More Options drop down and save in DV-AVI format.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Corey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just made a movie on Movie Maker version 5.1 and now
> need to save it in a format that will be compatible with
> Nero 6 Ultra.
> I have tried the 'save as' option in MM but in the drop
> down list there are no options but wmmv file.
> I need it so that when the DVD is played in a home player
> it will just start to play.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Are there any experts out there?
> Thankyou

Deleted member 3023

Thanks . You may have mis-read my original post. In it
you will see that there are no other options in the drop
down list and that is why I posted here for help.

After clicking on Save to My Computer..... complete steps 1 and 2....(Saved
Movie File)

Click on Next

Movie Setting.....click on Show More Choices..

Put a check mark in Other Settings.... now you should get a drop down menu.
--

> Thanks . You may have mis-read my original post. In it
> you will see that there are no other options in the drop
> down list and that is why I posted here for help.

and if you can't get it from Cari's instructions, see the save as a dv-avi
file at www.myvideoproblems.co.uk

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> After clicking on Save to My Computer..... complete steps 1 and
2....(Saved
> Movie File)
>
> Click on Next
>
> Movie Setting.....click on Show More Choices..
>
> Put a check mark in Other Settings.... now you should get a drop down
menu.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Corey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks . You may have mis-read my original post. In it
> > you will see that there are no other options in the drop
> > down list and that is why I posted here for help.

COBRA

Ok this helped, now how do I get it to play in my DVD player ?

thanks

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> and if you can't get it from Cari's instructions, see the save as a dv-avi
> file at www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > After clicking on Save to My Computer..... complete steps 1 and
> 2....(Saved
> > Movie File)
> >
> > Click on Next
> >
> > Movie Setting.....click on Show More Choices..
> >
> > Put a check mark in Other Settings.... now you should get a drop down
> menu.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >
> > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> >
> > "Corey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks . You may have mis-read my original post. In it
> > > you will see that there are no other options in the drop
> > > down list and that is why I posted here for help.

COBRA

Got it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Cobra

"Cobra" wrote:

> Ok this helped, now how do I get it to play in my DVD player ?
>
> thanks
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > and if you can't get it from Cari's instructions, see the save as a dv-avi
> > file at www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> >
> > Graham
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > Laird of Glencairn
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > > After clicking on Save to My Computer..... complete steps 1 and
> > 2....(Saved
> > > Movie File)
> > >
> > > Click on Next
> > >
> > > Movie Setting.....click on Show More Choices..
> > >
> > > Put a check mark in Other Settings.... now you should get a drop down
> > menu.
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > > Printing & Imaging
> > >
> > > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> > >
> > > "Corey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Now it's in DV-AVI format you open your third party DVD burning software
such as Sonic My DVD, WinDVD Creator, PowerProducer, Roxio EMC or Nero,
import the DV-AVI file and tell the third party software to create a DVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging