Viewing MovieMaker videos

I have XP, but would like to send movies to ppl who have 98SE. Can you only
view movies in Windows Media Viewer 10 or is there a way for ppl with 98SE to
view them? If so, can you tell me how to open up the movies for viewing so I
can pass it on.
Thanks!

It saves them in WMP v9 format. Folks with 98se can download v9 from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Rafa" <Rafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP, but would like to send movies to ppl who have 98SE. Can you
>only
> view movies in Windows Media Viewer 10 or is there a way for ppl with 98SE
> view them? If so, can you tell me how to open up the movies for viewing
> so I
> can pass it on.
> Thanks!

raf

Thank you. However...

Can you tell me why their computer keeps freezing when they try to open it up?
They have WMP 9 and even tried opening it on their external drive which has
tons of storage. What are they doing wrong??

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It saves them in WMP v9 format. Folks with 98se can download v9 from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
>

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Rafa" <Rafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP, but would like to send movies to ppl who have 98SE. Can you
> >only
> > view movies in Windows Media Viewer 10 or is there a way for ppl with 98SE
> > view them? If so, can you tell me how to open up the movies for viewing
> > so I
> > can pass it on.
> > Thanks!

If you use the latest WM9 codec this could cause the trouble, try
downloading windows media encoder and in there you can choose back to
version 7 codecs, so by trying the old V9, V8 and V7 you should find one
that works!!!!

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media