suggest video edit software please

Hi guys

I am looking for a video editor / dvd authoring tool to edit and
post-process animation work that I do. I would also be using it for
DV.

My main concerns are
1] Must be able to handle a list of images as a source of video.
2] obviously need to handle avi/mpeg etc.
3] loads of effects and transitions
4] need to run on win98/xp2.4 with a gig of ram
5] fast and stable.
6] need to handle dvd authoring
7] need to handle 5.1 surrond sound editing features as well.

Currently I am looking at
1] Ulead video studio 7
2] Pinnacle studio 9
3] Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004

Any suggestions please.
Ta
sree
4 answers Last reply
More about suggest video edit software please

    You are describing Vegas+DVD. It's seems very stable, but I have only
    had it for 3 weeks (version 5).

    skodela@hotmail.com (Sreekant) wrote in message news:<436ad7a4.0405170339.6a807172@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi guys
    >
    > I am looking for a video editor / dvd authoring tool to edit and
    > post-process animation work that I do. I would also be using it for
    > DV.
    >
    > My main concerns are
    > 1] Must be able to handle a list of images as a source of video.
    > 2] obviously need to handle avi/mpeg etc.
    > 3] loads of effects and transitions
    > 4] need to run on win98/xp2.4 with a gig of ram
    > 5] fast and stable.
    > 6] need to handle dvd authoring
    > 7] need to handle 5.1 surrond sound editing features as well.
    >

    > Currently I am looking at
    > 1] Ulead video studio 7
    > 2] Pinnacle studio 9
    > 3] Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004
    >
    > Any suggestions please.
    > Ta
    > sree

    I did see Vegas at a friends place but it is out of my budget at the
    moment. My budget is under 75$ [ approx 50£] now.

    Any suggestions
    ta
    sree

    Then How about Reno
    "sreekant" <skodela@lithium.com> wrote in message
    > I did see Vegas at a friends place but it is out of my budget at the
    > moment. My budget is under 75$ [ approx 50£] now.
    >
    > Any suggestions
    > ta
    > sree

    How about Wax? www.debugmode.com
    I believe it's free. The guy who wrote is well known for top quality programs.

    skodela@hotmail.com (Sreekant) wrote:

    >Hi guys
    >
    >I am looking for a video editor / dvd authoring tool to edit and
    >post-process animation work that I do. I would also be using it for
    >DV.
    >
    >My main concerns are
    >1] Must be able to handle a list of images as a source of video.
    >2] obviously need to handle avi/mpeg etc.
    >3] loads of effects and transitions
    >4] need to run on win98/xp2.4 with a gig of ram
    >5] fast and stable.
    >6] need to handle dvd authoring
    >7] need to handle 5.1 surrond sound editing features as well.
    >

    >Currently I am looking at
    >1] Ulead video studio 7
    >2] Pinnacle studio 9
    >3] Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004