suggest video edit software please

Hi guys

I am looking for a video editor / dvd authoring tool to edit and
post-process animation work that I do. I would also be using it for
DV.

My main concerns are
1] Must be able to handle a list of images as a source of video.
2] obviously need to handle avi/mpeg etc.
3] loads of effects and transitions
4] need to run on win98/xp2.4 with a gig of ram
5] fast and stable.
6] need to handle dvd authoring
7] need to handle 5.1 surrond sound editing features as well.

Currently I am looking at
1] Ulead video studio 7
2] Pinnacle studio 9
3] Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004

Any suggestions please.
Ta
sree

You are describing Vegas+DVD. It's seems very stable, but I have only
had it for 3 weeks (version 5).

skodela@hotmail.com (Sreekant) wrote in message news:<436ad7a4.0405170339.6a807172@posting.google.com>...
> Hi guys
>
> I am looking for a video editor / dvd authoring tool to edit and
> post-process animation work that I do. I would also be using it for
> DV.
>
> My main concerns are
> 1] Must be able to handle a list of images as a source of video.
> 2] obviously need to handle avi/mpeg etc.
> 3] loads of effects and transitions
> 4] need to run on win98/xp2.4 with a gig of ram
> 5] fast and stable.
> 6] need to handle dvd authoring
> 7] need to handle 5.1 surrond sound editing features as well.
>

> Currently I am looking at
> 1] Ulead video studio 7
> 2] Pinnacle studio 9
> 3] Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004
>
> Any suggestions please.
> Ta
> sree

I did see Vegas at a friends place but it is out of my budget at the
moment. My budget is under 75$ [ approx 50£] now.

Any suggestions
ta
sree

Then How about Reno
"sreekant" <skodela@lithium.com> wrote in message
> I did see Vegas at a friends place but it is out of my budget at the
> moment. My budget is under 75$ [ approx 50£] now.
>
> Any suggestions
> ta
> sree

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

How about Wax? www.debugmode.com
I believe it's free. The guy who wrote is well known for top quality programs.