Sony DSCW1 usb problem

Hi, just bought a sony dsc W1 and i already have a problem with it. Not with
the apparatus itself but when i try to upload the pics to my computer, the
established link closes after a few seconds. When i attach it to my computer
(its on then) my computer recognizes it and opens the right dialog to start
copying stuff. But a few seconds later the link is simply gone. No pictures
can be found and de extra drive in explorer is also gone. Tried reinstalling
usb drivers but no show yet. Battery power is also not the problem. anybody
please?

thnx

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Since the problem is more likely than not in the computer or software, how
about the details
Processor, support chipset, USB 1,1.1,2.0 etc.
What OPs system? WinXP? XPSP2? etc.
"Jex" <noway@mail.nl> wrote in message
> Hi, just bought a sony dsc W1 and i already have a problem with it. Not
> with the apparatus itself but when i try to upload the pics to my
> computer, the established link closes after a few seconds. When i attach
> it to my computer (its on then) my computer recognizes it and opens the
> right dialog to start copying stuff. But a few seconds later the link is
> simply gone. No pictures can be found and de extra drive in explorer is
> also gone. Tried reinstalling usb drivers but no show yet. Battery power
> is also not the problem. anybody please?
>
> thnx

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Do you have Real Player installed on your computer? I was able to upload
pictures via USB until I installed Real Player. I uninstalled it and USB
started working again. Good luck. There are many Google hits on this
subject.

"Chuck" <cdkuder@nspmmsn.com> wrote in message
> Since the problem is more likely than not in the computer or software, how
> about the details
> Processor, support chipset, USB 1,1.1,2.0 etc.
> What OPs system? WinXP? XPSP2? etc.
> "Jex" <noway@mail.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi, just bought a sony dsc W1 and i already have a problem with it. Not
>> with the apparatus itself but when i try to upload the pics to my
>> computer, the established link closes after a few seconds. When i attach
>> it to my computer (its on then) my computer recognizes it and opens the
>> right dialog to start copying stuff. But a few seconds later the link is
>> simply gone. No pictures can be found and de extra drive in explorer is
>> also gone. Tried reinstalling usb drivers but no show yet. Battery power
>> is also not the problem. anybody please?
>>
>> thnx
>>

> ---
> Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

i do have realplayer installed... Cant think of any reason why this would
disrupt usb though. But then again that doesnt make it impossible :-0

Jex wrote:
> Hi, just bought a sony dsc W1 and i already have a problem with it. Not with
> the apparatus itself but when i try to upload the pics to my computer, the
> established link closes after a few seconds. When i attach it to my computer
> (its on then) my computer recognizes it and opens the right dialog to start
> copying stuff. But a few seconds later the link is simply gone. No pictures
> can be found and de extra drive in explorer is also gone. Tried reinstalling
> usb drivers but no show yet. Battery power is also not the problem. anybody
> please?
>
> thnx

USB connections can dissapear when they are sharing the same interrupt
as a sound card or video card. Try disabling serial/parallel ports if
your not using them to free up interrupts for other things. Stability
can be gained by moving PCI cards to different slots. Hope this helps

-WW

flipper

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002

Did you ever resolve this problem? I'm, getting the same errors but
the happen 100% of the time when the transfer gets to a movie file. I
can get photographs off the camera but not movies.
Thnks,

Flipper

WW wrote:
> Jex wrote:
> > Hi, just bought a sony dsc W1 and i already have a problem with it.
Not with
> > the apparatus itself but when i try to upload the pics to my
computer, the
> > established link closes after a few seconds. When i attach it to my
computer
> > (its on then) my computer recognizes it and opens the right dialog
to start
> > copying stuff. But a few seconds later the link is simply gone. No
pictures
> > can be found and de extra drive in explorer is also gone. Tried
reinstalling
> > usb drivers but no show yet. Battery power is also not the problem.
anybody
> > please?
> >
> > thnx
> >

> USB connections can dissapear when they are sharing the same
interrupt
> as a sound card or video card. Try disabling serial/parallel ports if

> your not using them to free up interrupts for other things. Stability

> can be gained by moving PCI cards to different slots. Hope this helps
>
> -WW

TRENDING THREADS