How to capture still images recorded on tape in SONY VTR-250

rafal

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello

SONY VTR250 offers interesting option of saving still images on tape. During
playing the tape images appear as the same view for a several seconds. Is
there any way to capture these images other then making shots during playing
the tape. My suspicion is that the only reason for recording a still image
on a several seconds of tape is to have time to click "take a shot" button.
I am writing because I have some hope that there is some software which
transfers images from tape and makes a better use of still images recorded
on tape

Regards

Rafal

Use sw capable to capture movies from camcorder to PC - whichever you
want. There are many of them.
I do not know any other way.
Roman

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:40:24 +0200, "Rafal" <booq@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>SONY VTR250 offers interesting option of saving still images on tape. During
>playing the tape images appear as the same view for a several seconds. Is
>there any way to capture these images other then making shots during playing
>the tape. My suspicion is that the only reason for recording a still image
>on a several seconds of tape is to have time to click "take a shot" button.
>I am writing because I have some hope that there is some software which
>transfers images from tape and makes a better use of still images recorded
>on tape

Still image on tape is just a DV frame recorded for several seconds.
The only thing you can do with it is to capture/save a frame out of
it. You can't get better quality because nothing better was recorded.

If you knew the interval for sure -- it is usually something pretty
regular -- you could use software which would capture frames at a
regular interval. But it is probably just as easy for most
situations to view and save the images separately.

If you want good stills, get a digital still camera. Better than
any camcorder, higher resolution, often easier to carry around, and so
on.