D Drive Won't Recognize a DVD

When I put a DVD in my D Drive the green light flashes as usual but both My
Computer and my DVD copy software show no disc in Drive D. My E Drive works
fine and plays any DVD (+ or -) that I put in so it can't be a decoder
problem (I have Power DVD installed) can it? Audio CDs play just fine in the
D Drive. Why isn't the D Drive recognizing the DVDs? Help!!!

There are different lasers for CD and DVDs in the drive so it's possible
that either the lens is dirty or the lens has died.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"marcuslama" <marcuslama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I put a DVD in my D Drive the green light flashes as usual but both
> My
> Computer and my DVD copy software show no disc in Drive D. My E Drive
> works
> fine and plays any DVD (+ or -) that I put in so it can't be a decoder
> problem (I have Power DVD installed) can it? Audio CDs play just fine in
> the
> D Drive. Why isn't the D Drive recognizing the DVDs? Help!!!

rachael

My DVD player will play certain DVD's I own but not others. That means it
can't be a problem with the lens, right? But I've never had this problem
before... any suggestions?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> There are different lasers for CD and DVDs in the drive so it's possible
> that either the lens is dirty or the lens has died.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "marcuslama" <marcuslama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I put a DVD in my D Drive the green light flashes as usual but both
> > My
> > Computer and my DVD copy software show no disc in Drive D. My E Drive
> > works
> > fine and plays any DVD (+ or -) that I put in so it can't be a decoder
> > problem (I have Power DVD installed) can it? Audio CDs play just fine in
> > the
> > D Drive. Why isn't the D Drive recognizing the DVDs? Help!!!

Ensure the disks it cannot play are the correct format for the drive Ensure
they are clean - free of dust and fingerprints.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging