How do you connect a tv aerial to a computer?

How do you connect a tv aerial to computer i dont know how to someone help! I
have a tv tuner on my computer but not sure what lead i need to use!

You dont,the aerial can be left alone attached to the TV.Youre not going
to control reception to the TV,but the TV to computer.

"RJW" wrote:

> How do you connect a tv aerial to computer i dont know how to someone help! I
> have a tv tuner on my computer but not sure what lead i need to use!

You connect the RF cable to the RF socket on the TV Tuner card. Then you
use the TV Tuner software which came with the card.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"RJW" <RJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you connect a tv aerial to computer i dont know how to someone
> help! I
> have a tv tuner on my computer but not sure what lead i need to use!

The OP has a TV Tuner card. He wants to view TV on his PC. Not output his
PC to TV.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

> You dont,the aerial can be left alone attached to the TV.Youre not going
> to control reception to the TV,but the TV to computer.
>
> "RJW" wrote:
>
>> How do you connect a tv aerial to computer i dont know how to someone
>> help! I
>> have a tv tuner on my computer but not sure what lead i need to use!

somewhere rf socket most commonley to be used as it
utilises your own tv ariel plug type then find your tuner
app on pc to scan tv channels

>> How do you connect a tv aerial to computer i dont know how to someone
>> help! I
>> have a tv tuner on my computer but not sure what lead i need to use!

>You connect the RF cable to the RF socket on the TV Tuner card. Then you
>use the TV Tuner software which came with the card.

If my experience means anything, I don't think an aerial will work.
I've tried it with an All-in-wonder and a Leadtek TV card but could
not pick up a signal at all in either case. The tech support for AIW
told me that there just isn't enough gain in a TV antenna.

I find it odd that the TV tuner in a cheap VCR will accept an antenna
just fine, but TV tuners for a PC will not.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:47:48 -0500, M.L. <me@privacy.net> wrote:

[snip]
>If my experience means anything, I don't think an aerial will work.
>I've tried it with an All-in-wonder and a Leadtek TV card but could
>not pick up a signal at all in either case. The tech support for AIW
>told me that there just isn't enough gain in a TV antenna.
>
>I find it odd that the TV tuner in a cheap VCR will accept an antenna
>just fine, but TV tuners for a PC will not.

Not only does it work, but it works very well.

I have a Hauppauge card in my desktop PC and I routed my aerial
through my satellite system before it gets to the computere. I get
terrestrial uhf, satellite and vhf radio all perfectly. Only minor
problem is getting the Hauppauge audio output setup correct, it has a
habit of losing its' settings.

If you have a weak signal try an amplifier. I use a distribution amp
to feed several sets around the house including the PC.