Theft!!!

When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie "War of
teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod design in HL2!!??

O.

strider

Oslo proclaimed...

> When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie "War of
> teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod design in HL2!!??

:)

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

Oslo wrote:
> When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie "War of
> teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod design in HL2!!??
>
> O.

Tuesday

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

"Oslo" <oslo@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie
> "War of teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod
> design in HL2!!??
>
> O.

When is the movie industry gonna sue Valve for ripping off the tripod
aliens?
McG. ;)

McGrandpa wrote:

> Damn, where do you live? I went with my son and our tickets and
> concessions together weren't even $20!!! I liked the movie btw.

$11.35 per seat in Denmark for WotW :(

I liked the book btw

Hmm best remake imho
http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/

Besides the famous radioshow from '38 obviously

Some facts goes here
http://www.war-of-the-worlds.org/

- Peter

Strider wrote:
> McGrandpa proclaimed...
>
> > Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and fix
> > that problem.
>
> Me too.

I can only recommend the book
Actually anything from the author is worth reading :)

- Peter

David Firewater wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/dwu5s for those who haven't a clue what i'm babbling on
> about.

Some fan site?
Wrong colors etc

Check this instead :)
http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com

Oh btw read the front page of the fan site:

<quote>
the album is now getting a major remastered release in 2005 and better
yet, a CGI movie is in preproduction that will utilise the music.
</quote>

Excellent news :)

- Peter

I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
Oslo surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;

> When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie "War of
> teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod design in HL2!!??

And The Matrix stole the G-Man's voice for Agent SMith !!!!!1111one
--

"I just want to smash my opponents to pieces, Kick 'em so hard that they
say 'Please stop, I don't know what I'm doing in the ring coz obviously

I want people to reconsider their actions when they get in the ring
with me, not just get beat, but really reconsider their actions"

-Dexter Casey

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> When is the movie industry gonna sue Valve for ripping off the tripod
> aliens?

Why have I this feeling that this thread my chunter on for some time to
come.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and fix
> that problem.

Me too.

--

"David Firewater" <nospam@home.com> wrote
> I'm gonna sue Jeff Wayne.

http://tinyurl.com/dwu5s for those who haven't a clue what i'm babbling on
about.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"OT posts and discussions happen in any forum where
people come to "know" each other. This is no different
than the countless WW2 arguments I'veseen betwen
American's and Brits. I don't recall if those have have
happened in this group or not. But they're just about
everywhere else."
Marlin, AGHL

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
> Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and fix
> that problem.

I think it is one class book. I've read it several times and plan on reading
it again next week. Any reg who has not read it by the end of the month will
be publicly flogged... No, waitaminute, some of you like that kind of thing.
/me waves to Strider.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

strider

David Firewater proclaimed...

> /me waves to Strider.

You're only jealous 'cos I never let you do the flogging.

Er, bitch

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

"Oslo" <oslo@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> When are Valve gonna open up a lawsuit on Spielberg and his movie "War of
> teh Worlds" for his obvious rip off of the Strider tripod design in
HL2!!??

> Dosen't look that similar...

strider

bpaukovits proclaimed...

> Dosen't look that similar...

Er, ya what?

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

It was a dark and stormy night in alt.games.half-life when Cannon Fodder
exclaimed:

> Hum... I had a hard-back copy that showed them... They were the
> fighting machines with the heat rays....

Sounds much better to me. These Penguin Classics might be cheap, but
they're altogether too arty with the cover design. It's the same all over
with re-issues - I have a great edition of Dashiell Hammett's "Red Harvest"
with a really striking cover. The recent printings I've seen of this have
some blurred photography, a tasteful typeface, and that's your lot. Bring
back the days of pulp, say I :)

--
Wildy

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> Damn, where do you live? I went with my son and our tickets and
>> concessions together weren't even $20!!! I liked the movie btw.
>
> $11.35 per seat in Denmark for WotW :(
>
> I liked the book btw
>
> Hmm best remake imho
> http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/
>
> Besides the famous radioshow from '38 obviously
>
> Some facts goes here
> http://www.war-of-the-worlds.org/
>
> - Peter

Wow. We caught the first show on Friday morning, our tickets were $4
each.
MCG.

David Firewater <nospam@home.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
>> Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and
>> fix that problem.
>
> I think it is one class book. I've read it several times and plan on
> reading it again next week. Any reg who has not read it by the end of
> the month will be publicly flogged... No, waitaminute, some of you
> like that kind of thing. /me waves to Strider.

I'll be all right then, I first read it in 1991 ;)

EvilBill wrote:
> David Firewater <nospam@home.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>
>>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
>>
>>>Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and
>>>fix that problem.
>>
>>I think it is one class book. I've read it several times and plan on
>>reading it again next week. Any reg who has not read it by the end of
>>the month will be publicly flogged... No, waitaminute, some of you
>>like that kind of thing. /me waves to Strider.
>

> I'll be all right then, I first read it in 1991 ;)

Wow, is it *that* old!?

-=-
Thad
;-)

shawk

"David Firewater" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message

> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
>> Damn. I think I missed reading that book somehow. I'll buy it and fix
>> that problem.
>
> I think it is one class book. I've read it several times and plan on
> reading
> it again next week. Any reg who has not read it by the end of the month
> will
> be publicly flogged... No, waitaminute, some of you like that kind of
> thing.
> /me waves to Strider.

I got mine as a free download from a website called classic ebooks for
reading on the PDA (work away from home a lot and get through a lot of
books). Just looked and website seems to have gone. Anyone know of any
others?

This wasn't a pirate BTW - you picked several books for free and then you
could subscribe to more - it obviously wasn't that successful. Great book
though.

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote
> > I'll be all right then, I first read it in 1991 ;)

> Wow, is it *that* old!?

Yes, it was first released in the 90's.
--

David Firewater wrote:
> "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote
>
>>>I'll be all right then, I first read it in 1991 ;)
>

>>Wow, is it *that* old!?
>

> Yes, it was first released in the 90's.

Yes, it was, wasn't it?
:)

p.s. your S.D. is *working*. Do I need to issue a stern warning?

=-=
Thad

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote
> p.s. your S.D. is *working*. Do I need to issue a stern warning?

Prove it.

\/\/\/\/