Independance Day

Happy 4th to all our American Friends.

Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

BigJim

Thanks I like the 4th, have to go set some fireworks off and burn the
neighbors house down. LOL

"Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>
> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Come on down a sit a spell Rene.... We're fixin' to cut a watermelon
and throw some dogs on the grill shortly....

--

"The Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
after a few beers.

"Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>
> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

And tomorrow we will be celebrating our hangovers, sunburns, smoke seared
eyes, and sore muscles.

Mox

shawk

"Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>
> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

I aint a sore loser so I hope you have a good day and evening all.

All the best from this little bit of the UK.

"Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>>
>> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne
>>

> And tomorrow we will be celebrating our hangovers, sunburns, smoke seared
> eyes, and sore muscles.

sore muscles? Is there some traditional 4th july celebration i'm not aware
of?

It was a dark and stormy night in alt.games.half-life when ian lincoln
exclaimed:

> sore muscles?  Is there some traditional 4th july celebration i'm not
> aware of?

The feats of strength, I think - comes right after the airing of
grievances...

--
Wildy

Nope, it's from toting watermelons, lugging kegs of beer, dodging
bottle rockets and the wild dance done when someone tosses a 200 pack
of Black Cat firecrackers between yer legs.... Me waves my little flag
and whistles "Yankee Doodle Dandy".....

--

"ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message

> "Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>>>
>>> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne
>>>

>> And tomorrow we will be celebrating our hangovers, sunburns, smoke seared
>> eyes, and sore muscles.
>
> sore muscles? Is there some traditional 4th july celebration i'm not
> aware of?

For a lot of Americans the 4th of July is a day for outdoor activities. Like
a picnic, or a day at the beach. This often involves participation in one or
more of the following activities, softball, volleyball, basketball, or water
skiing. For us old f##ts who mainly exercise our elbows while lifting malted
beverages this can be very traumatic to the muscles of the body.

Mox

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>>
> Yaeh have a nice 4th of July
>
> I'll hang around until 6th of July and celebrate our own local
> "independance" day
> http://www.milhist.dk/trearskrigen/frederi/frederi.html
>
> rgds

Happy independence day to all of our Danish friends on the 6th.

(thanks for the heads up Peter.) it's not often we get to read the history
of distant countries, on distant shores.

Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> Nope, it's from toting watermelons, lugging kegs of beer, dodging
> bottle rockets and the wild dance done when someone tosses a 200 pack
> of Black Cat firecrackers between yer legs.... Me waves my little flag
> and whistles "Yankee Doodle Dandy".....

Yeah congratulations and commendations from breaking away from a real
empire!

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....

--

"The Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
after a few beers.

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
> the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....

Bah, I'm going back to r.a.m.c-f to troll, I get better results!

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog

"Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>>
>> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne
>>

> And tomorrow we will be celebrating our hangovers, sunburns, smoke
> seared eyes, and sore muscles.
>
> Mox

Ya sure got that right...ugh...and take it all to work with us :\
That's the bad thing about the 4th in the beginninng of the week.
McG.

"ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
> "Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>> Happy 4th to all our American Friends.
>>>
>>> Best Regards, Rene Lamontagne
>>>

>> And tomorrow we will be celebrating our hangovers, sunburns, smoke
>> seared eyes, and sore muscles.
>
> sore muscles? Is there some traditional 4th july celebration i'm not
> aware of?

Playin volleyball, baseball, football, shootin hoops, all the
get-together kinds of activities :)
McG.

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
> the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....

They learnt it from the Romans! :) Damn. That's another amazing
lot....
McG.

> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:16:11 GMT, Strider
> <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:
>
>> Cannon Fodder proclaimed...
>>
>>> Nope, it's from toting watermelons, lugging kegs of beer, dodging
>>> bottle rockets and the wild dance done when someone tosses a 200
>>> pack of Black Cat firecrackers between yer legs.... Me waves my
>>> little flag and whistles "Yankee Doodle Dandy".....
>>
>> Yeah congratulations and commendations from breaking away from a real
>> empire!

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
> the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....

"Yes you get a rather nasty cut from those mango halves."

McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
>> the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....
>
> They learnt it from the Romans! :) Damn. That's another amazing
> lot....

And they learn it from the Egyptians, who started this whole civilization
lark! ;)

"EvilBill" <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
> of spoo:
>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> Yep, at one time that little island ruled and controlled almost half
>>> the world.... Ya were an amazing and brave lot....
>>
>> They learnt it from the Romans! :) Damn. That's another amazing
>> lot....
>
> And they learn it from the Egyptians, who started this whole
> civilization lark! ;)

Good point. Erm....so what's next?
McG.

McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
>> of spoo:
>>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> They learnt it from the Romans! :) Damn. That's another amazing
>>> lot....
>>
>> And they learn it from the Egyptians, who started this whole
>> civilization lark! ;)
>
> Good point. Erm....so what's next?

The Iconians. <g>