Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

I get "Unknown error" message when I'm trying to play a file (any file) with
Windows Media Player. I use Windows XP SP2 now. Some other players experience
the same problem while trying to play f. ex. .avi-files. In addition, Roxio
CD Creator denies to burn CDs (error: 0x80040154 "Class not registered").
I have experienced some of similar problems before. That time it was
something with .dll's, so I had to run regsvr32 ...dll.
What should I do to repair it to be able to play media files and write CDs?
I'm almost sure that it's not a codec problem or smth like that.
Thanks!

dick

help